Introductions

Started by Nancy, April 26, 2014, 10:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

Hello fellow Kipawa fans. My name is Rich, I am 45 with 2 great kids and wife of 20 years. I am from WV and love the Kipawa area. I started going up with my uncle almost 20 years ago with friends of his from temiscimang(sp?). I made several trips chasing pike at Goeland and walleye at Kipawa and Brennen (sairs) before kids changed my travel plans. Have only made it once in the last 8 years but look forward to taking kids and my nieces and nephews in the near future. Found this site online and love reading about the place I miss. My nephew wants me take him on a canoe trip to restigo after he graduates next year? Would be a fun trip as long as we didn't get lost??? Anyway look forward to everyone's tadventure posts, fishing reports and tips. Thanks again for the site, love it.

Dog

Rich. welcome to the forum sir!
if you don't mind or maybe a moderator can copy and paste your post to this thread... http://kipawafishingforum.net/index.php?topic=3.30

-nate
One more cast...

Tree cutter

Hi all i just wanted to let everybody know a little about myself. I started going to Canada back in yearly 70s with my parents around Shinning Tree than started flying into Gouin Res for about 6 years in the 90s. Now 4 of us have been going into Lake Sasseginaga for pass 3 years and are planning to do until my body can handle it. I grew up in the Titusville area fishing mostly trout and pan fish but always remember that first pike and walleye i caught in Canada.We always go about the 3rd week in June and stay with the Mullens at one of there outpost cabins. The bugs are bad but the fishing is great. Nice site   

Dog

Quote from: Tree cutter on February 08, 2015, 05:46:57 PM
Hi all i just wanted to let everybody know a little about myself. I started going to Canada back in yearly 70s with my parents around Shinning Tree than started flying into Gouin Res for about 6 years in the 90s. Now 4 of us have been going into Lake Sasseginaga for pass 3 years and are planning to do until my body can handle it. I grew up in the Titusville area fishing mostly trout and pan fish but always remember that first pike and walleye i caught in Canada.We always go about the 3rd week in June and stay with the Mullens at one of there outpost cabins. The bugs are bad but the fishing is great. Nice site

@Tree cutter Welcome to the forum! nice to see another PA'er on the forum....
One more cast...

limacharley

blah blah blah
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

Canuckbass

Great to find this site!
I'm a newbie of three years going to Kipawa and plan to spend as much time as possible there this year and many more.
I'm a bass angler by heart but enjoy walleye and pike as well.
Reside in Muskoka Ontario so I'm only a short three hour drive away.
Wayne

WillageD

Hello All,

New poster here, but have been reading the board since day 1, just procrastinated to sign up. Was part of Kipawa.net towards the end. Little bit about myself, I'm 29 years old, married, with 1 little girl (year and a half old), from just south of North Bay, about 1.5hr drive to the docks at Kipawa. I work for the Governemnt of Canada as a Corrections officer, and in my spare time I'm an avid snowmobiler and fisherman. For all the PA residents here, I'm also a huge Pens fan as I grew up in the prime Lemeuix/Jagr years, so I am a bandwagon jumper, just not the typical Crosby/ Malkin bandwagoner. I come down to Pittsburgh once or twice a year to cacth a game, so if theres and Pens/Pirates or Steelers season ticket holders on here who want to sell a couple tickets from time to time, let me know!

I am fourtunate enough that my folks purchased a place on Kipawa 2 years ago, which they love to have their kids and grandkids visit them at often, and allow us to have time to ourselves there as well. So I usaully get to fish the waters of Kipawa a few times each year. We are located at the south end of the lake, so the pickral fishing is not as good as some of you in the Hunter Lake area are accustom to, but it picks up later in the season, and I love Dipsy diving and Lead coring for lakers , which are plentiful at our end of the lake.

That is me in a nut schell and I look forward to sharing information and memeories about the gem that is Kipawa on here.

Fort Wisers

Hi Everyone,
I have been a member of the forum since not too long after it was created but was also a member of the old (now defunct?) forum for many years and spent most of my time there.
I'm happy to see this one has taken off! Great work everyone!
To be honest I hadn't checked out either forum in about a year as sometimes that just how life gets!

I lived in North Bay for all of my teenage years but moved away for work after college (seems so long ago now!).
My wife, our two daughters (currently aged 6 and 3) and I, now live just south of Ottawa.

For as long as I can remember I spent literally every summer (and spring to open up and thanksgiving to close down and the occasional winter to check on things) with my family on Kipawa, so for me it feels like home.
(My mother's side is from Temiscaming and I'm proud to say a road heading into jawbone bay is named after my great grandfather! He and my grandfather put that road in well before my time.)

My wife and I were fortunate enough to purchase a camp on Kipawa a couple of years ago, but due to our own family dynamics decided to sell last year (usual story: too long a drive, too hard with young kids blah blah).
Miss the place, but such is life.
I plan on trying my best to raise my kids as much as I can in and around Kipawa (still have a lot of family with camps on the lake).
So, this year, we'll be up there in July at Miwapanee outpost camp in Dead Bear Bay.
Looking forward to it!
The kids started fishing as soon as they could walk but their fishing careers have mainly been limited to the government docks down here on the Rideau.
I'm excited to take them to some of the old fishing spots we use to hit back when I was little!
Take care, hope to see some of you out this summer!

Dog

great story and welcome! thanks for sharing an introduction.
One more cast...

RockOnTour

Hello - I'm Don. 45 yrs old, my wife loves to fish but she leaves the fishing trips to me and my son (18). We have been going to Canada fishing since he was a young boy, and before that, I always went fishing with my father and grandfather to Ontario. So I guess I have been fishing in Canada for about 35 years each summer. Have fished Rice Lake, Dalrymple, Pigeon Lake, Buckhorn, Big Gull Lake, and up until two years ago Gogama Lodge. Last year was our first venture into Quebec and we absolutely love the scenery, solitude and the accommodations at Ogascanan.

We are heading out on Friday and have planned a 4 day trip to Ogascanan at the southern outpost. Will generate a trip report if I can figure out the picture uploading feature.

My wife and I have been married for 20 years today...have a son (18) and two daughters (15 and 10). We have a small camp on a small lake in the southern Adirondacks (only bass and bluegill) so a trip to catch walleye, pike and Lakers is a treat. Honestly, getting our gear together, shopping list for groceries and planning our meals is half the fun.

Any suggestions for "hot spots" in Ogascanan are appreciated: we hit the white "soap bottles" in the big bay north of Smith Pass, the rocks on the southern end and other rocks on the east side of the lake before Smiths Pass, so we are looking to explore more this weekend. Can't wait!!!

This is a great board and look forward to seeing your reports as well.

Have a great Summer everyone.

D

getthenet

Welcome aboard,Don !!!

ziggy6

Hello folks,
       My name is Pete but been called Ziggy for decades now. I stumbled on this site looking for info about my trip to lake Ogascanan this summer. I thought its only proper to introduce myself since people have been kind enough to help with info and advice.
       I'm 54 and live in upstate NY, raised by 2 Latvian immigrant parents who along with relatives and friends instilled a love for the outdoors in my family and myself. I've been fortunate to meet a beautiful woman and have 2 children that along with a career as a teacher for 29 years make my often say "I'm living a dream" . My passions include hunting, fishing, playing /coaching rugby and other outdoor activities.  Having very "Outdoorsy" relatives in the Hamilton area of Canada I grew up hearing stories about places like Lake Simcoe and other adventures and always wanted to try a Canadian fishing trip.
      I'm lucky my wife understands my need to be outdoors either hunting or fishing , so with my sons graduation from HS I figured a trip to Canada would make a great gift for him ( and me:) ) I stumbled onto the  website for Lake Ogascanan , several years ago and finally after years of contemplating decided to try this location. Ginny Mullens has been extremely helpful with booking the trip and answering all of my questions, some  of which I'm sure might leave her scratching her head. Hopefully this trip will become an annual event for years to come.
Thank you to all of you that have offered advice by responding or by your informative ,and enjoyable, posts of trips past.  Ziggy

Bennythebushman

Hello,

My name is Ben. I am a 29 year old special education teacher. Most of my older relatives call me Benny. You may call me what up like. My wife and I reside in North Carolina and we love to fish! Remember to fish for bass when the dogwoods bloom!

My grandfather (The Big Man) started fishing in the Kipawa area before I was born. Later, he took Johnny Walleye on his first trip. Johnny and I go every year. This year we are even taking our wives.

I have camped and fished as long as I can remember. I enjoy backpacking, occasionally hunting, and being near water. I also have interests in chickens, bees, and explicit/direct instruction of mathematics.

Take care,
The Bushman
Take care,
The Bushman

"Just when they think they got the answers, I change the questions!" -Rowdy Roddy Piper

RHYBAK

Welcome to the site Benny
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Kill Switch

Hi Gang,
Patrick here. I have been going up to lake Kipawa now for 4 years. I take my son with me to Cedar Valley Lodge. Neno and Marjana treat us like roylalty. They are lovely people.
I would love to share hot spots on the lake for walleye and pike with other members.
I live near Hamilton, Ontario in a town called Waterdown.
Thanks and tight lines.