News:

Upgraded to SMF 2.1.4
We hope you like the new look and feel!

Main Menu

Introductions

Started by Nancy, April 26, 2014, 10:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nancy

I truly love the Kipawa area. It is God's heaven on earth. My husband and I love fishing for pike, however we do spend some time chasing walleye also. We normally fish at Lake Ogascanan with the Mullens who are great hosts. Hope others will soon join this forum for sharing memories and fish stories of the Kipawa area.

john c

Hi All

Just thought I would tell a little about myself.  I have never been to lake kipawa but have been going to Lake Ogascanan for quite a few years.  I like pike fishing the most but walleye get some time devoted to them.  I have been coming to Canada since 1983.  That is the only thing that has kept me as sane as I am.
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

Jay Thomas

I started fishing walleye (at my Father's knee) in the early 50s in the western basin of Lake Erie out of Colchester, Ontario (20 miles south of Detroit, Michigan). I moved to Ottawa in the mid 60s to start a career. The fishing enthusiasts I met in Ottawa were all trout fishermen so I fished trout (rainbows, speckles and lakers) exclusively until 2001. Finally in 2001 I was able to convince some trout fishing buddies to give walleye fishing a try in the Abitibi-Témiscaming region of Quebec. Since 2001, I have fished for walleye in Lac Ogascanan (1 trip),  Lac Sasseginaga (1 trip), Lac Kiwissi (1 trip), Lac Bay (8 trips) and Lac Kipawa (17 trips). Francine and I have been married 44 years this coming Oct and we have two wonderful grandsons (Dawson (7) and Cooper (5)).

Jay

T-Bone

"You all know me. You know how I make a livin'."
    - Quint

T-Bone Jones, or Todd Ross...whichever you prefer. Most of my friends call me either T-Bone or Bone....so please do the same. I've been up through all of Ontario fishing since I was 8 y/o...42 years strong and still at it every year...at least once a year. This is year 15 on Lake Kipawa with no plans to stop that in sight.

I'm a Clevelander by birth, but live in Columbus, Ohio since I graduated university in 1987. I'm still, somehow, a big Browns and Indians fan...as hard as that is (so back off yinz Pittsburgh folks and go play with some gum bands in your shopping buggy).  ;D

By day I'm a VP of Marketing at a healthcare equipment firm, by evening I'm a dad of two teenagers and hubby to a wife of 24 years. Weekends you'll find me in my yard putzing around, golfing, fishing, and enjoying life with the people I know as my friends and family. I try to keep it simple and live by one basic rule...embrace every moment because you only get it once. One other rule I live by too, but this one requires a bit more balance...never cheat yourself. For my rules, I can confidently say that I do and I don't.

So that's me. 

85 baby...and I don't mean maybe....

- Bone.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

RHYBAK

T-Bone
I see you as a very lucky man
'I wish my wife was 24 years old. ;D :D ;)
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

T-Bone

HA HA HA!!! Well, I got engaged to her when she was 24...and that was about 24 years ago.  :P

And yes...I am a lucky man...and I'm thankful for it every day...
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

john c

Go T-Bone ;) ;). Oh I forgot, your not as old as I am.  RHYBAK your toooooo old for a 24 year old!
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

Dog

I'm 41, married and no kids but not for a lack of tryin'  ;)... Born in MD, lived in the Burgh I left for college and then served in the US Nuclear Navy. Lived all over the world, have seen 31 countries so far (in large part thanks to serving the country but do love to travel), rode motorcycles for 16 years accident free, climbed Mt Fuji (at night) and swam in the middle of the Atlantic ocean in 3 mile deep water = #humbling, #WatchOutForMegladon! Currently the Lone Star State is where I hang my hat...

I'm a mechanical engineer by education, a nuclear engineer by training and safety engineer for a transportation company for a paycheck. I enjoy wrenching on anything mechanical (Harley factory trained technician so I do a bit of that on the side in my garage for friends) anything outdoors... I love being on the water, offroading/ overlanding in our Toyotas, camping, golfing, tasting different microbrews, workout enough to feel healthy and spend time with my family and friends...

Fishing has been a passion as long as I can remember... Canada waters for walleye since I was a 7... started on Lake Nipissing (which was my Gpa's favorite spot back in the day for pickeral) and we stayed on the lil Sturgeon River there at various lodges; Meadowside and Riverside to name a couple.  In 2008 (once off active duty) we started back up our family fishing trips... Since both Gpa's had passed, it was me (Dog), my dad (Flag), my two uncle's (SgtCrabby and Unc) and recently my brother in law (Dime) and his brother (Doc) have joined in on the family tradition. 2008/2009 saw us give Island10 a try in Ontario, 2010 we went to Land of the Ozarks due to work constraints... ugh, never again there.  2011-2014 we patroned smith pass outpost on Lake Ogascanan. 2015 we gave TBL a shot...returned to Lake O for 2016-2019. 2020 will be a Lake Erie trip

Shake it easy,
-Nate
One more cast...

600 miles north

I will be the big 4 oh in August, and the same month will have been married to my wife for 19 years. We have 4 awesome kids, one of which is going to be a senior in high school next school year, and the youngest  who will be starting preschool.  :o We sure spread them out, didn't we?

When I graduated high school I went to work with my father who owns a plumbing business. Most of our spare time is spent on the kids sports and school functions.

Growing up we would travel 600 miles north to this remote cabin in the woods on lake Kipawa. My great grandparents had stumbled onto it during a boat ride and the history began more than 65 years ago. Since then my grandparents, aunts and uncles would use the cabin mostly during the summer months.  Interestingly enough we didn't go up to fish much. It was just a place of peace to get away from the rest of the world, and adventure in the woods. In the more recent years many of you have  helped me to learn how to fish Kipawa.

I check in on this and the kipawa.net site daily to get a glimpse of what is going on up north on the lake that I grew to love as a kid, as now my kids do also.

Brad

600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

SgtCrabby

I won the draft ‘lottery’ and spent time in the US Army as a combat engineer & geodetic surveyor. Since the military, I have worked as a construction inspector and for the last 30+ years working for USDA as a Cartographer.
I'm have three grown daughters with my late wife & 2 grandkids and I have 2 steps with my second wife. I am a native Texan .
I didn't know what walleye were until 2008 when we restarted Dog's family tradition of an annual Candian fishing trip.

starfire

I'm 44 years old, live in Leeper, PA. I am married and have five dogs. I work at a monument shop here in leeper. I sell, design, cut and set headstones.  Some of my interests besides fishing are, Pheasant hunting in the Dakotas, and whitetail hunting.  My Uncle owned a camp on Lake Nipissing, at the mouth of the South River Drift Inn Camp. I spent seven summers there as a teenager working and fishing ;D. About five years ago I made my first trip to kipawa and was hooked. Couple years later went again, this year I finally get to go back, and this time my wife is going with me. This will be her first trip to Kipawa, Excited to go!

Kurt

Administrator

I was born an only child on a farm in rural NW Pa near Franklin. My folks had me and decided enough of this nonsense.  :) I suffer from a workaholic syndrome coupled with lack-a-fishing-itis. I have come to the conclusion as a kid there were no other siblings to pass the work onto, so it was just me. Possibly spoiled but know the meaning of work all too well. I unfortunately fell in love with cows along time ago which may not have been the best thing that could have happened. Anyone who has been around agriculture knows its not very lucrative. I am currently a milk tester traveling to a group of 31 farms each month taking milk samples and management information, producing reports for the dairymen to use for management of their herds. I am a milk tester in the am, website owner of some Amazon sites by day (latest is www.goshopdashboardcameras.com) and milk tester by night mixed in with a little sleep.

My first husband, who passed away in 97, and I have one special needs daughter age 36 who lives in a group home. In 2000, I married my best buddy, John C and he has two daughters a little older, late thirties and early forties, with 2 cute granddaughters. But it doesn't look like they are going to be fishergirls much to our dismay.

As a kid spent some time fishing Pymatuming and lake Erie, but as I got older, thought I didn't have time. When John and I got married, we were going through some of my stuff and found my last fishing license, 23 years old. I have had one every year since and look forward to retirement to spend more time on the water. John has been going to Canada since 1983 and for me only since 2000. If I had my way, we would spend the summer up there, but I don't see that happening.  I consider that area our heaven on earth.

NortonJoe

I live in Ohio and have been fishing near Kipawa in Lac Watson, Grassy and Wolf Lake for the last 29 years.  I was introduced to Canada fishing by my former wife's father who, unfortunately, passed away two years after we first went to Watson Lake.  Lake Watson is filled with memories and we just continue to have alot of great times and look forward to alot more in the future.  I generally travel to the area with a group of buddies which included my son until things got busy with work and school for him.  Hopefully he will be back in the future!

I am employed as an attorney in Akron, Ohio, am married and have three kids, 25, 22 and 19.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

Fishin Mortician

I am a funeral director and have lived in Lancaster, PA all of my life except for 5 years spent in Pittsburgh for college and mortuary school.  The time I spent in Pittsburgh was long enough to turn me into an avid Steelers and Penguins fan.  28 years ago I married my beautiful wife who taught me how to fish and to this day out fishes me on most outings.  We have 3 sons who were born with fishing rods in their hands.  Over the years we have spent lots of time trout fishing in the Mountains of Central Pennsylvania and striper fishing on the Chesapeake Bay but as the kids get older and are involved in sports year round it is getting tougher and tougher to find the time. Nothing gives me more pleasure than our whole family fishing together.   We have made trips to Canada, the last 2 to Taggart Bay and we are really hooked on the area. We are headed back this year and plan on making it an annual trip for us.  On our trips my cell phone is turned off and I really enjoy the peace and quietness of Lake Kipawa.

CaptainCrappie

Hello Everyone.  I've been called Captain Crappie for about 40 years  That name was bestowed on me by fellow co-worker and friend (Commander Bluegill) due to my ability to catch crappies.  Captain Crappie was an upgrade from Lard Ass, so Captain Crappie it was, and still is.

I've been married to Faye for 33 years. She says she's put up with me for 33 years. It's all relative, I guess. We have 4 kids, 13 grand kids, and 1 great grand chlid.  Some how that makes us great grand parents.

I'm retired, having quit the rat race as soon as I could. Translated,  that means to a lot of Americans, when you can get or afford healthcare coverage till you're eligible for Medicare.  Constantly losing the race to the rats got old.  I do on occasion re-enter the race when my former employer asks for help, only now, I dictate the terms.

I have loved to fish ever since my Dad took me fishing when I was 5 years old.  That was in June, 1952, almost 62 years ago, and I remember that trip like it was yesterday. For the past 3o years there hasn't been a fishing trip that I haven't thought of Dad.  Some day I can only hope to be as fortunate.

This year God willing, will be the 18 th consecutive trip to 3 Seasons Camp.  Everyone knows that there is a bug in the water of Kipawa, that after that bugs bites you, it requires you to return. Picture this, it's in the evening, the sun is beginning to set below the horizon, the wind begins to rest, the haunting call of the loons off in the distance almost put you asleep, as the serenity and beauty of the moment demands and gets your attention..... Then.... Hey!  Where's my bobber?

C.C.
You don't get these days back.  Live each day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.