Upgraded to SMF 2.1.4
We hope you like the new look and feel!

Main Menu

Introductions

Started by Nancy, April 26, 2014, 10:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BroadbentBob

Hi all! My first day here
Thanks to those who run the site, and for the info that everyone has shared!
A friend fishes Kipawa every year and has told me how great it is, so my father, a couple of friends, and I will be going for the first time in a few months! Really looking forward to it!
I grew up in Southern Ontario, and now live near Parry Sound.
After a day in the office working in IT, there's nothing better than getting away from that in the great outdoors!

Greg

Welcome BroadbentBob - where will you be staying while on Kipawa? and when will you be there?

Greg

SgtCrabby

Welcome @BroadbentBob
You will find lots of helpful people here.

Balsams

@BroadbentBob, I'm assuming you live near Broadbent. Im not too far from the ball diamond. Know of any good back lakes in the area? I fish Blackwater Lake often.

BroadbentBob

Quote from: Greg on March 16, 2018, 02:39:29 PM
Welcome BroadbentBob - where will you be staying while on Kipawa? and when will you be there?

Greg

Thanks Greg!
Staying at Kipawa Lodge May 25-28

BroadbentBob

Quote from: Balsams on March 17, 2018, 12:05:53 PM
@BroadbentBob, I'm assuming you live near Broadbent. Im not too far from the ball diamond. Know of any good back lakes in the area? I fish Blackwater Lake often.

Lol, I do so, small world! I'm right downtown! Baha.
There's supposed to be a great lake near Inholmes, I'll hafta check the name. I've heard you have to cross some private land and need permission. Lemme follow up
I usually go out on Manitouwabing since it's easy to get to. Maple in Orrville a couple of times a year, and Isabella long ago. I've only snowmobiled across Blackwater, haven't fished it yet

BroadbentBob

Administrator

Welcome to @McKenzies wife - lots of great info and people on the board... feel free to introduce yourself and your interest in Kipawa and maybe when you will be returning next?

The Barge guy

Well I'm a contractor from Ontario but i have had a cottage in jawbones bay since 1975.
My dad built it when we were kids, now it's just me and the Mrs.
I find myself spending my free time thinking about the cottage so I decided to move up to the lake and start a new business.
I have 4 kids a wife and a dog . If your on the lake I'll be easy to spot, I will be the guy on the barge cruising at 10mph with his feet up catching some Ray's.
My name is Joey and I can move anything anywhere on the lake.

puckster_guy

Welcome aboard Barge guy.Great to have another cottage owner on the board. I have a place on the other end of the lake at Red Pine Chutes. Looks like you know the lake. How about the fishing? Take a look around the board, lots of interesting information and characters. Don't be afraid to ask us anything, lots of knowledge here. 
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

SgtCrabby

johnny walleye

StephK

Hi all!

First time writing on the Forum. I've been fishing the Kipawa for a few seasons now and decided to introduce myself.
I'm from Ottawa and I've had a few fishing trips to several outfitters on the Kipawa: Landriault Outfitter (a few times), 3 Season Camp (last year),  Taggart Bay Lodge (going this year, 2nd week of June 2019).

I'll try to do some fishing reports and add some pics of our previous trips.

Looking forward reading about other's fishing trips, tricks, etc.

Fish On!

Fort Wisers

Welcome @StephK !
You're just up the road from us, hope you haven't been flooded out this spring.
Take care and have a great season.....

SgtCrabby