Lake Dumoine report

Started by Jig and drift, July 22, 2015, 12:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jig and drift

We went to Dumoine July 2 -7 and in short had a great trip. This was my 22 year going to Dumoine and it always provides.Six of us headed out from Ohio. We always stay overnight in Temiscaming then eat breakfast and head to the bush roads.Its 72 mile to Dumoine and as stated in the road update the roads were very good this year. We saw three bears at different points on the way in and a moose on the road on the way out. Its a long drive but we feel its worth it.The fishing was good all week. The rookie this year started off with a nice 5 lb blue walleye for his first fish, beginners luck,. Over the week wee had a couple of 5 lb walleye and several 4 pounders as well. Most fish were in the 2 pound class and lots of great eaters. We usually stay in cabin 3 at the south end of the lake because of the many islands to fish around. My wife and two sons and brother-in-law made up the rest of the group. I got into this through my brother-in-law who has been heading this way much longer than I have. We jig with night crawlers almost exclusively and always have success up there. We enjoy that there are very few people around on this big lake. Eric has 6 cabins he rents on the lake so you get a lot of space to yourselves.The boys even fished the Dumoine river where the canoe groups go and had some luck. Overall it was a great trip so if you are looking for a little more backwoods adventure check out lake Dumoine!

getthenet

Enjoyed the report and pics ! Got my juices flowing ! 10 more days to 3 Seasons !!!

Jay Thomas

Thanks very much for your trip report with pictures. Looks like Lac Dumoine provides access to some nice sized walleye.

Jay

Greg

Beautiful pics - congrats on a successful trip.

Fort Wisers

Awesome report, haven't been to that area since I was a kid.....
Thanks for sharing the report, great pictures!