Updates on the Forum

Started by Administrator, May 03, 2014, 07:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Administrator

Just a few updates to your requests. First of all, I want to say that I am not a techie, most of your teenagers or grandkids could leave me in the dust. And I have a couple more questions for you.

Things I have added or will add very soon.

• Figured out how to change the avatar size. You can now have a 90 x 90 avatar. Should help being able to see the pictures.
  • As you can see, added fishing discussion, boating discussion and trip reports. Will soon add a Category to sell fishing stuff only. We'll see how that goes.
    Added a link to the weather in Kipawa and a link to water levels. If anyone has a better link than that in the top, please send it my way.
    Added some advertising (Google Adsense) to help with expenses.

Ok, question number one, with 600's Facebook group, do we need a Facebook page?
Question number 2, The Outfitter's discussion category; My minor concern with that is that it may develop into a place to bash the outfitters and I definitely do not want that. They work hard and any I have met are nice people. Just wondering if I am worrying about something that probably won't happen.

I do plan on adding a page linking to the outfitters in the area.

I spent the day trying to get a chat up, but several different chat software that I downloaded said in bright pink said, "If you do not know what you are doing, we recommend that you do not download this...."   That would be me.  :o I do think I can get a chat window up and running, it may take a little more time than I thought.

Also please note in the list of links at the top a new one that says "New Unread posts". Thought that might be helpful with the additional categories.