First Trip To Lake Kipawa

Started by walley, April 27, 2014, 12:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walley

This will be our first trip to Lake Kipawa and look forward to good tips for early in July. We are excited. It looks like a beautiful place.

Nancy

Walley,

Welcome to the board. We are up in that area usually a little later than you and normally target pike, but do some walleye fishing. We usually jig for eyes and when we want to change, we just change jigs. LOL!!  :) When we are at Ogas later in July they are normally in around 12-18 feet of water. There are guys who have very good luck bottom bouncing, but we have not done that as of yet. Enjoy your trip.

Oarin

walley

Oarin,

My buddy made all the arrangements. But I think we are headed to Grassy Lake Outfitters. We talked about a couple options, and am pretty sure that is where we settled. But I am just really excited to be going and it doesn't matter to me where.

NortonJoe

Walley, I am heading with a group up to Watson Lake Cabins.  Grassy, Watson Lake and Wolf Lake are all connected by the Kipawa River.  Been fishing those three Lakes for 25 years.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau