White Lake Marina and Merc

Started by Ozzy30, July 31, 2015, 08:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozzy30

I am in the service industry and like to give props to companies that deserve it when I get good service.  I recently had to have my 2015 merc repaired at White Lake marina and some minor boat repairs on my new Lund.  Between Mercury and White Lake marina I had my concerns repaired and back on the water in a very fast time frame..  So if anybody is in need of service in the Ottawa Valley I would recommend giving them a call.  BTW I must stress that White Lake Marina took care of my boat repairs when Lund told me and them to screw off.  Although I like my new boat I will never recommend Lund.  I know there is lots of us on this forum that spend a ton of money on fishing so I thought that props were definitely deserved.  Also Merc didn't even try to repair they just put a new powerhead on it.  Thanks to them also.

Canuckbass

Great info! Thx.
I love Lund and have owned one but if they don't stand up for their product i will look elsewhere.

Fort Wisers

Thanks @Ozzy30...this is great info.
My wife, kids and I just canoed around white lake a couple of months ago and parked at the Marina, they seemed very friendly and down to earth.
Good to know the mechanical service is good too.....

puckster_guy

This is interesting... I have a 15 year old Crestliner. After a year of pounding on Georgian Bay most of the nuts worked loose holding the floor down and the consoles to the gunnel. NP I replaced the hardware with much better hardware and problem solved. However I called Crestliner telling them of the issue, not looking for a warranty claim just to inform them of the problem. They told me they were aware of it and changed the hardware to locking nuts in the newer production run. which is basically what I did. I hung up and thought nothing more of it. A week later I received a huge bag of stainless steel hardware with locking nits in the mail. I thought how cool :) I still use some of that hardware today. Whether they're still like that I dunno I've been stiffed by a few companies over the years. It was nice to see them stand behind their product.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)