Lots of Pics from TBL Outpost with Oarin

Started by Phil Indablank, August 04, 2015, 01:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmedic

Fort Wisers

Wow, really nice photography work!
Thanks for posting!

600 miles north

Those were fun to look at philindablank! Thanks for sharing them. I think if I went to TBL I would want to stay at the outpost cabin, that looks just about right. I kind of like being away from the crowd and that looks like the ticket. I bet it is a sought after place that is booked a year ahead. The pink flamingo's looked a little out of place though!  :) I have family up on the lake right now, and just knowing that drives me a little crazy jealous!

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

Oarin

My son Jon took and posted them. He's really getting into photography. The 2 flamingos have a special meaning to me. 25 years ago Capt. Guy(RIP) and I worked at the same school. A guy named Frank was a custodian at the school. He was a really nice guy and every day he would put his flamingo, "Flamey", at the entrance with a positive saying he got from a book. At Halloween Flamey would have candy and at Christmas candy canes for everyone. Frank loved the outdoors, so when he passed away Capt. Guy and I took Flamey with us on everyone of our 23 trips to Quebec to keep his memory alive. This last year Capt. Guy suddenly passed too. The 2nd flamingo is Mark. It will go on every future trip I'm fortunate enough to make. Anyone at Taggarts the week of the 22nd look for them at cabin #11. I really miss him. Oarin.

600 miles north

Oarin that is a great story about the flamingos... sad, but great way to keep their memories alive! on second thought they look right at home where they are...

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

Jay Thomas

Thanks for the new pictures. And Gary, thanks for sharing the story of the two flamingos. See you soon.

Jay

Oarin

Thanks Jay and Brad. Jay, there must be something going on in Temiscaming on the 21st. All of the rooms on your side were full. We had to get one on the older other side  across from you. See you then.

M Eschborn

Gary , We shall share a cold one in Mark's honor when we see you on the 22nd   Mike

Oarin

getthenet