Comparing Lac Kipawa

Started by adempsey, January 22, 2016, 12:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adempsey

Non-resident license was something like $46 for 7 days or $77 for the year last season.   The information on the upcoming season is not available yet.  At least, I couldn't find it.

getthenet

Canoebuck and adempsey,did you stay at Ellen Island Camp while at Lady Evelyn Lake ? If so,how would you rate the camp?
                                   Thanks,getthenet

adempsey

Quote from: getthenet on February 22, 2016, 06:19:15 AM
Canoebuck and adempsey,did you stay at Ellen Island Camp while at Lady Evelyn Lake ? If so,how would you rate the camp?
                                   Thanks,getthenet

Nope.  I have stayed at Island 10 and Garden Island.   I haven't even fished that part of the lake.  I have seen some reports from Ellen Island on other boards though.    I recall that it's a fairly good operation.  Besides camping, it's pretty much your least expensive option.   There is Mitchell’s Lady Evelyn Camp, but I don't know much about them or if they are still in operation.  I believe they have some very rustic cabins and are located on an  island wast of Ellen Island.     There are also two places on the Montreal River, Mowat Landing Cottagesand  White Pine Lodge, that technically allow you to fish Evelyn, but you have to bring the boat up the side of the dam.    There is someone you can pay something like $20 to trailer the boat up for you.   

NortonJoe

I also have fished Lady Evelyn and prefer the lakes in the Kipawa region...As I recall a lot of Lady Evelyn is very shallow with a lot of bass.  If you don't mind that then no problem , but I'm going to catch walleye and pike so I prefer Kipawa.  Also caught more fish than at Lady Evelyn.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

RHYBAK

should have saved your money ;D ;D
All you need the end of june is a slip float,hooks,sinkers and a handfull of black jigheads.
And lots of leeches of course. 8) 8) :D ;)
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

adempsey

Quote from: RHYBAK on February 22, 2016, 04:27:13 PM
should have saved your money ;D ;D
All you need the end of june is a slip float,hooks,sinkers and a handfull of black jigheads.
And lots of leeches of course. 8) 8) :D ;)

I won't for Lakers  ;)