Upgraded to SMF 2.1.4
We hope you like the new look and feel!

Main Menu

Depth map

Started by RHYBAK, March 07, 2016, 09:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHYBAK

http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#@10&key=uux%7DGddlaN

Here is a Navionics map I thought I would share with you.
Scroll in , scroll out, move to another lake, change the depth to feet.
you can do whatever.

You can save it into your favorites and study it any time

Enjoy
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Greg

Jay Thomas

Thanks John. Nice map and a nice tool for exploring areas to fish. Unfortunately, no such online maps for Sasseginaga, Ogascanan, Kikwissi, Lac à la Truite, Ostabonique etc.

Jay

RHYBAK

Too bad they never made the cut
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

T-Bone

Quote from: RHYBAK on March 07, 2016, 11:09:42 AM
Too bad they never made the cut

Or enough addressable market population to make it worth the investment. Maybe those are the lakes we SHOULD be fishing in.  ;D. But I'm good with Kipawa for many reasons. Good info. Thanks.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Canuckbass

Navionics App is great on Smartphones as well.

johnny walleye

nice wish they had a few of the zec lakes .

Jay Thomas

I have emailed Navionics numerous times over the last 7 years to request that they add the depth contour maps of lakes in the Abitibi/Témiscaming to their Hotmaps Premium chip for Canada. Never happened - just not enough requests to justify the expense.

Jay

Ira

I also have contacted Avionics re getting Lake Ogascanan onto their app. Keep the pressure on & maybe they'll get it done.

Steam

Great map. Any way to print this without the Navionics watermark on the page?

Kill Switch

what do the red squared with the black cross mean on the map?

T-Bone

Don't try to drive your boat over those spots...you may lose a skeg or put a hole in the hull...

;D
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

plowjock

Great tidbits of Information on the Navionics site. I've been a user of the site andChips for many years. On their site, if you look down lefthand sidebar bottom you'll see a Circle with some blue wavy lines thru it. If you click on this your map will change a bit in that you'll get many more lines showing up when you zoom in. These extra lines are incremental 1 ft. depth changes and if map is showing a solid black, you are on a very steep drop-off.
Now for some of those smaller not charted lakes, if you have a Humminbird Helix Fish Finder, you have more than likely if it's recent, got an AutoChart Live program built into it. All you do is Get into AC live and hit record. Unit will save up to 8 hours, then you download from helix via Zerolines card. You can build your own maps of each small lake, save them onto a Zerolines Card, put them onto your computer and every time you go to another lake you can Build another map on your unit then download to an empty Zerolines chip and save it on your computer. You have to purchase the Auto Chart Live Pro program to install on your computer. A lot of very valuable information can be gleaned from this program. Check it out on You Tube.