Ostaboningue Aug 5th-11th 2016

Started by wvmedic, August 04, 2016, 08:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmedic

We just arrived at the Auberge, going to be in the bush tomorrow. We will post a  report when we get home.

Johnywalleye, Benny the bushman, Benny's wife and Kevin.

@johnny walleye @Bennythebushman

Fort Wisers

Good luck, have fun, stay safe!

600 miles north

Cheers! #jealous! Have a great trip, can't wait to hear about it.

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

wvmedic

Finely got settled in to do a report and post some pictures.

The trip up was uneventful, we arrived at the launch with a storm approaching and had to setup camp in the rain. Weather for the week was the first half of the week, really warming up the last two days. Water temps ranged from 72 to 76  degrees Fahrenheit climbing as the week went on.

Kevin and I caught 25 Walleye each for the week and 9 Pike each. The bite was real slow this year, we caught every fish except one on crawler harness in 8 to 25 fOW. The one exception was, I caught one Walleye on a spinnerbait. I tried a little jigging without success,

Sharing these pictures of Kevin's trophy catch as there was questions in another post as to what fish this is. I would like to know, if you guy's could confirm what it is please.

Some of the catch.

Some pictures of camp.

All in all, we had a good trip. Kevin and I was planning next years trip on the way home.

Jeff

Oarin

Thanks Jeff, that fish was weird! Never saw anything like it. The pictures were great. Looks like a good time was had.

BH

Looks like fun and great to hear that another person got "hooked" on the experience of fishing in the area!
Love fishing

600 miles north

Thanks for sharing the pics jeff, we all can't get enough of that part of the world! Cheers! Thanks for sharing them with us, and glad you had a great time!
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

Jay Thomas

Thanks for sharing Jeff. I always enjoy reading trip reports.

Jay