News:

Upgraded to SMF 2.1.4
We hope you like the new look and feel!

Main Menu

3 SEASONS CAMP JUNE 10-17

Started by CaptainCrappie, June 19, 2017, 05:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Thanks Commander ... It is stories and discussions like this that make Kipawa and this forum special - I am so anxious to head back up in three weeks with my new boat for my 12th year (or is it 13 years?...whatever).

I hope the bugs will lighten up by then, I'll be looking for updates when we get more trip reports!

Greg

RHYBAK

That was a feat read Captain.
We got to camp and headed straight up to the sanctuary.
Wishing a minute , I had the first keeper in the live well.
Then all heck broke loose.fish after fish and this was only noon.
It was like having the best golf game of your life .
George had to rest his arm that night so Steve and I went to Smith bay and killed them again.
Our limits were full the first night. Unreal.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Dieselgirl

Thanks for sharing your memories...always good to hear others stories.  The bugs were in a special class this year for sure.

puckster_guy

The fishing seems to have picked up. Last night 4 wallies and a laker. All keepers.(they're all, swimming again) all trolling.. This morning another 20 wallies. jig and a worm. the best was almost 5 lbs. All before lunch.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

smitty55

Quote from: puckster_guy on June 25, 2017, 06:11:22 PM
The fishing seems to have picked up. Last night 4 wallies and a laker. All keepers.(they're all, swimming again) all trolling.. This morning another 20 wallies. jig and a worm. the best was almost 5 lbs. All before lunch.

Just wondering Joe if you ever tried one of those Fish Seeker divers to get you down with mono for Lakers.

Cheers

CaptainCrappie

I knew you guys would get em General Rhybak .   I hope you will be posting a trip report with all the areas where you found fish.  I'm guessing just about everywhere.  Fishing Kipawa with your new Lund  had to be a treat, especially after a couple of sips of the liquid used for medicinal purposes only.

C.C.
You don't get these days back.  Live each day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.

puckster_guy

Not yet Smitty. Been busy trying to finish off my camp. I should be all done by August. By then the fish will be deep. I'll give it a shot by then. Ain't lifting a finger this fall except to fish and cut the grass....
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

johnny walleye

CC ALWAYS A GREAT REPOT THANKS

600 miles north

C.C. I always love reading your reports, they are the best. Yeah, I know the commander's neighbors and if they see you peeing in the bushes they are going to call the cops! Especially with that motley crew! You should have stopped by for beans for your trip up! We have plenty! Glad you two got the chance to go back up, I wasn't sure it was going to happen again. Thanks for such an entertaining report C.C. glad you had a good time!
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!