Newbie boat discussion

Started by Hodgey1, August 15, 2017, 09:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hodgey1

I will know for sure Friday, when I'm actually towing her home, but I have finalized a deal on a boat  :D

Specifics: 2013 Lund 1650 Rebel XL with 60hp mercury 4 stroke.

Can't wait to take her for a spin and get her wet in Kipawa!
Walleye Rock!

Canuckbass

Perfect boat for Kipawa.
I'd put a Minn Kota with iPilot with anchor mode, perfect set up and holds you right on your fishing spot.

Hodgey1

Quote from: Canuckbass on August 29, 2017, 10:35:03 PM
Perfect boat for Kipawa.
I'd put a Minn Kota with iPilot with anchor mode, perfect set up and holds you right on your fishing spot.
Thanks, cant wait to use her. It comes with a Minn Kota Power drive 2,  that I do not believe can be retrofitted with iPilot, but I am not sure about that.
Walleye Rock!

Greg

I have a power drive 2 also - and my sales men for my boat told me I could upgrade to the GPS head (to get anchor mode) for about $500.  Let me know if you hear something different as I would love that as an option, maybe someday.

Greg

Hodgey1

Quote from: Greg on August 30, 2017, 12:54:48 PM
I have a power drive 2 also - and my sales men for my boat told me I could upgrade to the GPS head (to get anchor mode) for about $500.  Let me know if you hear something different as I would love that as an option, maybe someday.

Greg

Greg, what year is yours? Minn Kota's retrofit kit for iPilot upgrade says

"Compatible with legacy PowerDrive V2 bow-mount trolling motor models that have been manufactured in 2016 or earlier"

Walleye Rock!

Greg

I'll have to check it out - not sure what year it was manufactured.  It came with the boat, and was installed this spring... but who knows how long it was in their shop.

Thx for info.

Greg

WillageD

Quote from: Hodgey1 on August 29, 2017, 07:40:25 PM
I will know for sure Friday, when I'm actually towing her home, but I have finalized a deal on a boat  :D

Specifics: 2013 Lund 1650 Rebel XL with 60hp mercury 4 stroke.

Can't wait to take her for a spin and get her wet in Kipawa!

Awesome boat! you'll be real happy with that.

As for the trolling motor talk, my trolling motor is a Power Drive 2 and it has Ipilot- it came factory with Ipilot, so I'm not 100% about adding it on later, but the Power Drive2 does have Ipilot capabilities, FYI.

Hodgey1

Quote from: WillageD on August 30, 2017, 10:01:33 PM
Awesome boat! you'll be real happy with that.

Thanks! Tomorrow's the big day
Walleye Rock!

RoK

Fishing Kipawa reawakened something missing. Its been along time since something has gotten me excited and not being able to wait to do it again....  :D

I echo that....My buddies and I have been going to Kipawa for 17 years. Only once a year, and throughout the year every time we get  together we cant stop talking about next trip.

Cheers, Ron

Hodgey1

Quote from: RoK on September 01, 2017, 10:36:47 AM
Fishing Kipawa reawakened something missing. Its been along time since something has gotten me excited and not being able to wait to do it again....  :D

I echo that....My buddies and I have been going to Kipawa for 17 years. Only once a year, and throughout the year every time we get  together we cant stop talking about next trip.

There isn't many things in life that trigger those kinda reactions, kipawa has. Guess I'm not the only one  :D My son Inlaw "Chad" and I talk about next year, every time I see him.
Walleye Rock!

Hodgey1

It's official, I now own a sweet boat for Kipawa! Picked it up today, couldn't be much happier. Well, maybe if I could get away next week with it to fish Kipawa, would make me happier?  :D. I will attempt to load a couple pics, but for whatever reason, this site has picture posting isssues?...?

Walleye Rock!

Hodgey1

Ok, pictures were a no go again. Here's a link to the pictures on google drive.

Boat pictures link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B51VQmNqRsOyNmlJYjlIaWo0WDQ
Walleye Rock!

Greg

Looks in great shape - that will do fine on Kipawa!  Congrats...

Hodgey1

Thanks Greg, the previous owner took very good care of it. Your input was appreciated along the way to my purchase.

As a side note, you had mentioned the expense of goodies that maybe needed ad up quick.The owner gave me all his goodies ;D Net, flares, fire ex, 4 pole holders, extra prop, two covers, 4 life jackets, bumpers, docking ropes and transom straps.
Walleye Rock!

smitty55

Yea, nice looking ride for sure Hodgey. WTG on your purchase. You'll be one happy lad. Any thoughts on mounting a downrigger for Laker fishing? They do work well at Kipawa. Also gives you the option to fish them, or even Salmon anywhere you want.

Cheers