Camp update

Started by puckster_guy, August 30, 2017, 09:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puckster_guy

Hey guys, high time I made an update on the goings on @camp. It's coming along nicely. I now have a fully insulated except under the floors, camp. R30 in the cielings and R20 in the walls. The cielings and front main room are covered in a lap joint pine boards. I spent a week staining 2500 board feet of pine. I used a clear polyurethane to bring out the knots and grain. Looks mint.
My son is training as a carpenter in Barrie, in the spring I asked him to come up to camp with his boss to hang the pine and finish the insulation. I got them including a friend of my son's for three weeks. One week in June and two more in July/Aug. Well we got lots done. I started a new shift at work called the weekend warrior . I work 12 hours on Sat & Sun, plus 8 hours on Monday. Leaving Tuesday to Friday free. So I've been at camp almost every week plugging away getting stuff done and some fishing and R&R along the way. We got all the interior pine up in almost 2 weeks and got started on the exterior siding, also pine. Amid almost daily rain delays of around 2 hours daily we got 3/4 of the exterior cladding up. All the pine including flooring for the living area came from a mill in  Trout Creek, just south of North Bay, Northern Stable Supply. Their products and pricing were amazing, good people to work with.
A lot of work needs doing and i'll get it done with some more help from my son. I enjoyed working with him. Gonna plug away slowly and spend more time fishing this fall. I can work inside when it rains.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

GregL

Man that looks really nice!! I so want to find a camp on this body of water!!!

NortonJoe

Looks terrific (and warm for cold nights and mornings)!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

Oarin

Greg

fantastic update - great looking spot - congrats!  (soooo jealous  ;D)

puckster_guy

It's taking all my time and money but well worth it. I hope to finish it all by early spring. Forgot to mention James Mullen at Kipawa Solar/Miwapani  installed a great system Almost as good as the power company. 4 panels and 6 gel batteries. I wanna double the batteries next summer. I made huge progress this year  :D :D

puckster_guy

Hodgey1

Very nice and I'm very envious!
Walleye Rock!

fishtildark

Hodgey1,
I really think that your new boat needs a new cabin . If you got your wife to agree to the boat imagine how thrilled she will be with a new cabin to decorate.. just saying...
FTD
So many lures and so little time.

Hodgey1

Walleye Rock!

puckster_guy

Lots of cheap lots for sale at my end. All drive to.

WillageD

Quote from: puckster_guy on August 30, 2017, 08:59:18 PM
Lots of cheap lots for sale at my end. All drive to.

How much is cheap PG??

getthenet

puckster_guy

JigginFool

Very Nice!!  Thanks for the update...