NFL

Started by limacharley, September 05, 2017, 01:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limacharley

My son, his girlfriend and I are driving down to FLA for Xmas and we've got tickets to see the Pats vs The Steelers on Dec 17.
Anybody in the Pennsylvania area also going to the game?
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

limacharley

Wow; 4 very good entertaining games this weekend in the Divisional Round. Only 4 teams left.....pick'em?

Patriots or Jaguars and  Vikings or Eagles.

I think New England is poised to win another Super Bowl.
Everybody is a genius.
- Albert Einstein

Greg

I have to agree LimaCharley (NE poised to win ...again).    That is honestly not what I want to see (simply because they have been dominate the last several years). 

I'd like to see Jaguars pull some big upsets...

T-Bone

Yes...some very good games. Nice to see some teams win that usually don't...and then there are the Patriots. I'd like to see Minnesota win, I guess...any of the other teams would be fine with me also.

I really don't care who wins at this point, as long as it won't be the Squeelers I'm good...and I know for sure it won't be the Squeelers.  ;D

Just like my Browns...sitting home for Super Bowl. Welcome to Brownstown...
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

SgtCrabby

I have to agree with Greg. 
And have the big game between Jaguars and Vikings.

@T-Bone,  how long since the Browns made it into the playoffs?

T-Bone

2007 I think...maybe 2005....who knows...not recently. That's why the collection of teams not going to the Super Bowl it's called Brownstown...we're always there...other teams just visit.

And if I'm not mistaken, I hear the clear and familiar rhetoric of a Squeelers fan in there...

"Yeah...we may have lost, but how many Super Bowls do you have?" "How many times have you been to the playoffs in the last decade?" "At least we have the Three Bs, what do you have?" Consistent.

Somehow Sarge I thought you were a Dallas fan...maybe I am wrong on that...

SgtCrabby

I am a Dallas fan.  They've gotten into playoffs a few times (one and outs).  But have missed the big game for quite a few years also (sigh).

I actually only knew it's been awhile too (Kosar years?,   Aikman yrs here).

T-Bone

HA HA HA HA HA!!! It's been since the Kosar years, but only once since the team "came back". I think it was 2007. Doesn't matter...one and done and not back since. Futility. I've turned my focus to golf now that the new year is upon us....and, of course, Kipawa.  ;)

SgtCrabby

I thought it had to be in the Kosar years. 
He came down here for a year as a backup to our "O-No" Romo at the end of his playing career. I've heard some questioned who should have been the starter or the backup.

I never did acquire a fondness for golf, but know many who do.   
A brother in law says "golf is his job, fishing is his hobby"  (Dogs dad: Flagg)

Greg

Well season is over, what a great game last night!  Seeing the Eagles pull it out and go toe to toe (and drive to drive) to win by such a small margin was fantastic.

How many times can you say the super bowl had you intensely interested from start to finish...

I'm ok with every single one of my predictions going wrong... lol   

Good thing I didn't bet any $$.

limacharley

I agree Greg- entertaining from start to finish.

The question now is: Will Tom Brady sign up for another year? Not bad for a 6th round pick.
Everybody is a genius.
- Albert Einstein