Legal Requirements

Started by Hodgey1, September 09, 2017, 12:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hodgey1

What if anything do I need to know as a Pennsylvania registered boat being used in kipawa Quebec? Is my registration good? Do need anything other than my Pa registration? Also, crossing the boarder, anything special I need to know about that?
Walleye Rock!

john c

Hodgey1,you need all the safety equipment required in PA on board, don't worry about their requirements.  Crossing the boarder have your paperwork for the boat and trailer in the tow vehicle so you don't have to dig in the boat if they want to see it.  They have never ask to see mine and I have taken my boat for many years.  If your boat is in Canada over 45 days you have to play by their rules.  They can check with the boarder to find out when the boat crossed.

john c
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

Hodgey1

Thanks John. Just to recap, my PA registration is good in Quebec under 45 days. So I don't need to do or get anything special if going for just a few days?
Walleye Rock!

john c

Yup just hook it up and go.  Your PA registration is always good even longer than 45 days, it is just the safety equipment goes by their rules after that.

john c

P.S.  Maybe you need to take me along!!!!   ;D ;D
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.