The 90/10 rule !!!

Started by pikebuster, September 18, 2017, 01:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikebuster

We mainly do most of our fishing in Zec but with the season winding down we decided to change up our program a bit and try our luck on Kipawa this weekend..... So Friday we launched the Lund at the south end of Kipawa and proceded to work our way North checking out some of the interesting bays that I had marked out on a map that I downloaded from the net..... We were primarily targeting Pike and Walleye using a variety of crankbaits and spoons none of which seemed to be achieving much in the way of a positive response with the exception of a few small walleyes barely making the slot and not even a sniff from anything resembling a Pike we decided to throw in the towel and call it a day.
  Saturday we decided to regroup and try our luck trolling Lakers we set out trolling a variety of baits and after several hours we only managed a couple of small lakers not even up to the slot size..... So now I am starting to second guess myself for coming to Kpawa and not fishing in Zec where I usually get much better results, anyway we round the point of a large island and I turn down a nice long channel the bang my buddy Downrigger Mike gets a hit so I reel my line in and my lure gets nailed so we have a bit of chaos situation but manage to land a couple of decent Trout..... For us finding this channel was a game changer as we fished this channel for the rest of the morning till our arms got tired of reeling them in.

So the point I would like to make here is that as a very wise man once said 90% of the fish live in 10% of the and I have to I tend to believe he that he was totally correct....

Pikebuster

Balsams

This so true. Our group fishes a lake in the ZEC and we haven't begun to cover the lake after many many years. It's good to explore, and we do find new spots, but it's the old spots that continue to hold fish while other similar habitat does not. Must be nice to enjoy this bonus weather...good for all of you who are.

Canuckbass

Very true, lots of dead water in most lakes. I've always gone by the 90/10 rule.
Only lake I can go almost anywhere and catch walleye is Kipawa. Once you figure out depth and pattern you can move arove to copy and walleye are usually there.
Some days, they just have lockjaw.

Nancy