NHL 2017-18

Started by chiaro, December 21, 2017, 07:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bone

Quote from: crackers42 on April 16, 2018, 08:46:51 AM
you guys can cry and wine all you want but the big question is......"would you bet against Pittsburgh"? Going for a three peat!

Well I know one thing...if the Pens win it every single person in the world will hear from every single Pens fan about how many times they've won it, why they're the most-elite franchise and gritty team in the NHL, how great Crosby is and why he is probably the greatest player of all time...blah, blah, blah...yadda...yadda...yadda...makes me want to puke....

Not sure it is possible...yet...but I'd love to see Columbus punk the Pens so hard they lose their arrogance to the degree that they don't make the playoffs for the foreseeable future...and firmly send them packing out of this year's playoffs.

There is always hope...but first...the Caps.

Go Flyers!! Go Jackets!!!

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

chiaro

Well I know one thing...if the Pens win it every single person in the world will hear from every single Pens fan about how many times they've won it, why they're the most-elite franchise and gritty team in the NHL, how great Crosby is and why he is probably the greatest player of all time...blah, blah, blah...yadda...yadda...yadda...makes me want to puke....
[/quote]

Old Bruin and Leaf fans HATE Montreal for exactly this reason.

crackers42

4 goals and 7 points in 3 games is also pretty hard to argue with being 2nd overall in the playoff point picture.

I may agree that Conor McDavid might be the better player but there is a reason a 3 peat is on the table, they are on every highlight reel, and they had 5 players in the top 15 in points.

Just sayin!!

crackers42

it also could be worse.

Leafs or Red Wings fan!!

johnny walleye

chiaro

Vegas over LA in 4...they continue to amaze. Great hockey. I can see them getting past the Sharks so no real challenge until the Preds or Jets. Penguins look to have a clear path also because it will be through the Capitals ;D

T-Bone

Quote from: chiaro on April 19, 2018, 11:01:39 AM
Penguins look to have a clear path also because it will be through the Capitals ;D

That goal in double OT wasn't even a goal...it was a bumbling puck that happened to careen off a player's skate and it went in. We call that cheap in Ohio...I'm sure a Pens fan would call it skill though...

Big game tonight....

crackers42

Last nights game was a beauty!

5 - ZERO is again pretty had to argue against.

On to Washington we go!

T-Bone

Quote from: crackers42 on April 19, 2018, 04:00:34 PM
Last nights game was a beauty!

5 - ZERO is again pretty had to argue against.

On to Washington we go!

Crackers, I've been waiting for that all day. Without even knowing you're a Pens fan you can tell this is a comment from a Pens fan; the confidence (arrogance?) to call a series won BEFORE it's even over, and to declare another series won by the statistically disadvantaged team before it's over. It's such a disease...I'm going to have to look it up as I'm sure someone has given it a proper ID by now.

Heard a national sports broadcast talking about it the other day...but with regard to Spittsburgh fans in general. It always goes something like this...in NFL example:

Other Fan: My team is looking like they're going to make the playoffs this year.
Spit Fan: Steelers make the playoffs every year.
Other Fan: My team is going to win the conference championship this year.
Spit Fan: Steelers have won XX conference championships
Other Fan: My team is going to the Super Bowl!
Spit Fan: Call me when your team has been to multiple Super Bowls.
Other Fan: My team is going back to the Super Bowl!
Spit Fan: Tell me when your team has gone to more than 3 Super Bowls.
Other Fan: My team has won its 3rd Super Bowl!
Spit Fan: Big whoop...the Steelers have won six Super Bowls...

And on, and on, and on...

[love ya black n' gold]  ;)

crackers42

If you want more let me know.......

Q: What do the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Titanic have in common?
A: They both look good until they hit the ice!

Q: What's the difference between Frequent Flyer Miles and the Columbus Blue Jackets?
A: Frequent Flyer Miles earn points.

Q: Why do Blue Jackets fans drink from a saucer?
A: Because the cup's always in Detroit!

Q: Why did the Blue Jackets enforcer retire early?
A: He was ice fishing and got run over by the zamboni!

Q: Why don't the Blue Jackets drink tea?
A: Because the Canadiens and Red Wings have all the cups.

Q: What do you call 5 Columbus Blue Jackets players standing ear to ear?
A: A wind tunnel.

Q: Why are the Blue Jackets like grizzly bears?
A: Every fall they go into hibernation.

Q: What does a recent high school dropout and the Columbus Blue Jackets have in common?
A: They're both young, have no goals and no good prospects.

Q: Why do the Flyers suck at geometry?
A: Because they never have any points.

Q: What is it called when a Philadelphia Flyers player blows in another Flyers players ear?
A: Data transfer.

Q: What do college students and the Flyers have in common?
A: They've both finished their year by April.

Q: What's blue and orange and goes down the toilet faster than Liquid Plumber?
A: The Philadelphia Flyers

Q: What do a fine wine and the Philadelphia Flyers have in common?
A: They both spend a lot of time in the cellar, cost too much and are only enjoyed on select occasions.

Q: Why did the Post Office recall their latest stamps?
A: They had pictures of Flyers players on them and people couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

Q: Why do people like driving a car with a Flyers fan?
A: Because you can park in the handicap zone!

Q: What do you get when you combine all 23 Philadelphia Flyers with 23 lesbians?
A: Fourty-Six people that dont do dick!

Greg

OK... that conversation right there was funny!!! ;D

T-Bone

Wow...I'm speechless at the effort to prop-up your fan pride...and loathing for competition. Funny stuff though...

In the end, I always go back to something my father said to me a long time ago...

"Why do you get so wrapped-up in that shi+? It doesn't make you healthy, it doesn't keep you safe, and it doesn't put money in your pocket. So why?"

In the end, I just like ripping Spittsburgh fans...turning their crank...and listening to the inevitable "we're better than you'll ever be" spew because you know...as sure as the sun will rise and set each day, it's coming with full spit-flying vigor.

chiaro

No real surprises in the first round. After a slow start Caps with 4 in a row....that is except my Leafs...Game 7!!!

All second round match ups are good! Nashville and Jets, Pitts and Capitals, Sharks and Knights...and Leafs and Bolts? :)

puckster_guy

leafs and bolts are a safe bet. The Leafs finally woke up.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Greg

leafs are GOING DOWN back in Boston tomorrow... I can't see them making it out of there with a win - but if they do, good on them, they will gain some confidence and momentum to maybe make if to conference finals...

as for other series... sure, they all look good (I have a hard time staying up late watching western conference any more), but Jets vs Predators... that to me will probably be the roughest, most intense & most passionate series of the four... I will make sure I am parked in front of TV for those games... I want Jets to win (Canada team), but I think Predators take it in 6.