The Loss of a True Friend and Kipawa Vet

Started by pike mike, January 02, 2018, 02:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pike mike

In Memory of

Scott Leonard Hodges

October 29, 1948 - December 16, 2017

Obituary

On Saturday Dec 16th myself , my circle of friends , Hamilton Ontario and the 3 Season's family lost a great man , Scott Hodges . My friend and fishing buddy of some 30 years sailed off to explore a new area of Heaven . Scott was a regular and long term member of our Coca Cola group at 3 Seasons (20 years) and Lake Ogascanan previously . He will be sorely missed .See Scott's His obit below 

Peacefully, surrounded by his family, on Saturday, December 16, 2017, at Trillium Mississauga Hospital, in his 70th year. Predeceased by his wife Colleen. He will be lovingly remembered by his children; Bernadine (James) Duncan, Crystal Demontigny and Timothy Hodges, his grandchildren; Crystal Ann, Alyssa, Logan, Bailey, Jake and Keira, his great-grandchildren; Liam, Jaxxon and Gracelyn, his brothers; Edgar and Edwin and his sister Catherine. Scott was a proud member of St. John's Lodge #40 and White Oaks Chapter. 

Oarin

CaptainCrappie

Mike, your loss is shared by all of us. 

C.C.
You don't get these days back.  Live each day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.

RHYBAK

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

getthenet

T-Bone

Sorry for your loss; I've always found this proverb to help me through times like this and gain some perspective....

Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was

My condolences.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

pike mike

Thanks T-Bone  ,I think I'll keep that one in my memory bank .
My Buddy Scotty was always the 1 in our group eager to join me venturing into a new area of the lake , or up an unknown creek or down an un-charted path .Despite our differing years we seemed to share a joy for new adventure . Many many a fishing adventure , brown pop or good times we shared and never a cross word from the man to anyone .He was always a stable ,calming force no matter the situation .He will be missed 

Greg

Thoughts are with you pike mike.   

Friends like that are hard to come by and when they stay in your life a while, it is amazing, making the loss very difficult.  As T-Bone's message says... remember who he was and the good times.  I am sure Scotty appreciated your friendship as well.

Balsams

Sorry for your loss. Looking forward to hearing how he will be comemorated in your future Kipawa adventures...a la Oarin via the pink flamingos...I love that tribute, I think it's great.

Administrator

Truly sorry for your loss, Mike. Good friends and fishing buddies aren't always easy to find and are truly missed.