Count down

Started by Oarin, February 16, 2018, 01:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregL

Quote from: Kyle Skelding on April 26, 2018, 02:20:54 PM
@GregL  how deep do you guys usually target for opener?  We're there the first full week of June and its always a guess the first couple times out as to how deep they're hitting.

Hi Kyle,

Last year was our first opener, on Kip. to be honest we got them everywhere from 10-30'. Since it was our first time on the lake we were just getting our feet wet.

Mike J

All this talk of the ice being out and the opener are not helping!  I've been on the boat and fishing for a while now down here, but there is something special about spending a week on Kip!  Come on July 12th!!  Looking forward to the reports, as things get going.
Mike

Greg

Where are you staying Mike J (My friend Eric and my son and I will be at Alwaki from July 14 to 21)... and yes, all this discussion about ice out and opening weekend painful.. but I am glad our season here opens tomorrow!  I might try and get out the next 5 days with luck.

57 days... whoohooo...

Greg

Mike J

TBL  July 12-19th with my 9 year old son.

Mike

Greg

Awesome - I took my son several years when he was young (around that age) - then he hit the "I'm to busy teens" and now he WANTS to go back and is looking forward to it as much as I am. 

I might journey up to that end of the lake one day... hope to bump into you... Cheers!

RHYBAK

Just a reminder

Order your leeches.
I just reserved mine for June 23.

36 days
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Oarin

58 more days until TBL out post with my son,Jon. Mike, maybe we'll see you there. Oarin.

Canuckbass

Mike J

Hope we do get to meet up with both of you. He's still  got the attention span of a 9 year old, so I see we will be mixing in some swimming at picnic island with the fishing. However, the evening fishing is non-negotiable.  He does like to fish, and we have been practicing on Bluegills, and big Catfish.

In the past, I've only bought leeches in the small containers. How many pounds should I get for the week? 1 or 2?

Mike

RHYBAK

Quote from: Mike J on May 18, 2018, 08:05:23 AM
Hope we do get to meet up with both of you. He's still  got the attention span of a 9 year old, so I see we will be mixing in some swimming at picnic island with the fishing. However, the evening fishing is non-negotiable.  He does like to fish, and we have been practicing on Bluegills, and big Catfish.

In the past, I've only bought leeches in the small containers. How many pounds should I get for the week? 1 or 2?

Mike

Two people for one week, you should at least have one pound

OttawaPhil

1 day! Can't wait  :D

Mlambert

Oarin

RHYBAK

starfire

26 days and counting to Alwaki!