Count down

Started by Oarin, February 16, 2018, 01:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fort Wisers

Quote from: Administrator on February 22, 2018, 01:12:43 PM
@SgtCrabby , just tell your wife she can visit your family in Youngstown for a week. Maybe that will get her coming along your direction.

As for me, I have 143 days to go to trip #1 with Johns daughter and son-in-law. It appears there will be a second trip also.

Good for you Nancy!

T-Bone

Quote from: SgtCrabby on February 22, 2018, 12:11:37 PM
The 2 of us retired guys are working to get a second trip this year past both spouses. 

I'm confused; if you NOT taking a "first" trip, why would you have to get clearance for a "second" trip?

Airplanes...I'm telling you....they're sweet...
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

SgtCrabby

1st trip is our group is going to a lake in Tennessee this year.

We are also trying to expand the group with with a few cousins that live way south (southern Florida).  Gotta get them hooked (pun intended) and then reel em in to Kipawa.

Hodgey1

154 Days to Kipawa for us.  Glad to hear Nancy’s going to make the trip!

It’s been a fishing filled week for me and very enjoyable. For starters, My group and I had our first pre trip meeting this Thursday. Great break from the crappy weather here in NW PA, to hang out and dream of rocking around in a boat at Kipawa. Two of the four of our group, have not been to Kipawa before. They are as fired up as the rest of us to get up there.

Then Yesterday, I had the good fortune to sip some cold ones with a fellow Forum member, Fishtildark. Turns out we only live an hour or so apart. I had an enjoyable afternoon sharing fishing stories with him and learning about FTD’s favorite Canadian fishing spot. Every person I’ve made direct contact with from this forum has been awesome. All of our common interests in fishing, seem to go a long way to assuring you’ll be around some good folks. Maybe......... I shouldn’t go here, but, maybe if people took their kids fishing or hunting more there would be less violence in our society, Enough politicking.

Winter here seems about over, when I look at the long range forecast. I’ll be getting my snowmobile into summer storage soon and the boat out ! Hope all of you have made it threw winter safe and sound.
Walleye Rock!

fishtildark

Counting down at 102

Echoing Hodgey's words, had a great time shooting the bull about fishing and the experiences up north. Also, Meeting people in person does help confirm that impression that the people posting on this board truly do like helping each other. After hearing Hodgeys account of the treatment his group received on their first trip to Kipawa I am someday hoping to see T-Bone walk on water.  :)
another quick subject.. I was having problems signing in "couldn't recognize URL" Deleted site from my favorites, did a new search and was able to sign in.. all the automatic updates don't always work the way they should so something to try if you have problems. FTD
So many lures and so little time.

pike mike

108 days 17 Hours and some odd minutes till I rejoin my Coke Hamilton Group back at 3 Seasons for my season 20th ,June 16th -22 . I happily and also regrettably had to pass on last years trip to attend my older sons graduation from Macmaster University   

smitty55

Quote from: T-Bone on February 16, 2018, 03:28:05 PM
160 Days until we're on this island paradise!!!

Great picture. You can even make out the two channels at the northeast end of Corbeau. Tks

Cheers

Hodgey1

Smitty, that is one awesome picture!
Walleye Rock!

smitty55

Sure is. The more I look at it, and it's my new desktop now, the more I'm impressed with the lens that was used. Almost panoramic with real good depth of field. That furthest bit of water you can see is almost 6 miles away. Maybe T-Bone knows more about it?

Cheers

T-Bone

I pulled it off the Alwaki web site...it's one of their top banner images. I'm guessing drone...but I really have no idea. It is a cool pic for sure...

Hodgey1

Quote from: T-Bone on March 08, 2018, 10:15:06 AM
I pulled it off the Alwaki web site...it's one of their top banner images. I'm guessing drone...but I really have no idea. It is a cool pic for sure...

Hi T!

142 more days until my boat will be making a ripple in that perfectly still water.  ;D
Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

Yeah buddy...and I'll be chasing you out to the fishin' hole... :)

Fort Wisers

While, given our current camp location, you folks have me itching for a bit of Kipawa time.....
Might have to load up the canoe this summer and take the girls on a little Kipawa adventure!

Take care everyone and have fun planning your next trip!

Keeper64

84 days until our trip to Smith Bay.

Greg

114 days - still in triple digits :-[