Count down

Started by Oarin, February 16, 2018, 01:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuckbass

Wow... My countdown is low, first couple trips will be working/ Reno trips but much needed. As soon as ice is out and water level up I'll be running boat and supplies up.
We'll still get fishing and big dinners in as usual.

Hodgey1

Walleye Rock!

Canuckbass

Quote from: Hodgey1 on March 23, 2018, 11:57:24 AM
Quote from: Canuckbass on March 23, 2018, 10:05:20 AM
Wow... My countdown is low

Jealous  :)

Don't be jealous, early season just means terrible bug season.

JLG

77 days and we will be traveling North to Kip

Hodgey1

I haven't been seen by a professional yet, but I have self diagnosed myself, as  having a terrible case of cabin fever. Please see symptom below and let me know if my fears are founded.

• Checked duration calculator numerous times, for number of days till Kipawa and it keeps saying the same 110 days
  • I reread Cabelas Fishing sale flier 7 times
  • Thinking grass mowing would be fun
  • Practiced leech knabbing with breakfast sausage
  • Wife says I'm making boat motor noises while I sleep, that don't include her
  • Dug shorts out of closet today because it going above freezing
  • Counted jig head supply and hand waxed each one
  • Wondered if I shoveled snow off of back patio, if a fire would keep me warm enough to sit outside
  • I sat under grow lamp pretending it was sun
  • Sat by the fire, in my fireplace and wonder if we should start Christmas shopping

If you agree with my diagnoses, please send me a cure soon, I desperately need one!
Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

Quote from: Hodgey1 on April 10, 2018, 07:47:33 AM

• Checked duration calculator numerous times, for number of days till Kipawa and it keeps saying the same 110 days
  • I reread Cabelas Fishing sale flier 7 times
  • Thinking grass mowing would be fun
  • Practiced leech knabbing with breakfast sausage
  • Wife says I'm making boat motor noises while I sleep, that don't include her
  • Dug shorts out of closet today because it going above freezing
  • Counted jig head supply and hand waxed each one
  • Wondered if I shoveled snow off of back patio, if a fire would keep me warm enough to sit outside
  • I sat under grow lamp pretending it was sun
  • Sat by my fire in my fireplace and wonder if we should start Christmas shopping

If you agree with my diagnoses, please send me a cure soon, I desperately need one!

Whoo-buddy...you got it bad. I've done the best I can getting out of the 'cabin' lately. Went golfing on Good Friday...we only had light flurries on the 3rd hole. Took recent trips to Las Vegas, Phoenix, and the Caribbean...that certainly helped. Got out and did some "spring clean-up" yard work last weekend...and other than being sore on Monday, it was nice to be outside. Plan on golfing this weekend...and will likely gather my numerous fishing poles and reels and decide what I'm going to keep and what I'm going to donate (bet I have 30+ fishing poles...20+ reels). Other than that, keep looking at the calendar and taking the time in small bites; before you know it it's May...month of the opener on Kipawa. From there, true summer weather, gorgeous June, July 4th celebrations, and then packing for the the 2018 version of The Canada trip. 

And Hodge...most immediately to look forward to...the Browns epic, franchise-changing, once-in-a-lifetime draft is coming on Thursday 4/27. Just look forward to that for now...take the rest of the time between now our reunion at Alwaki Lodge in similar small bites.

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Oarin

Hodgey, that was great! 97 more long days!

Greg

94 days...

I can't wait also Hodgey, I am with ya!!! ... I got cabin fever bad also...

I put on a practice rubber weight on a bait caster and tried flipping it and "bonking" my dog on the head across the family room while he was sleeping on his pillow...

Hodgey1

T-Bone, Browns.........Just shoot me.

Oarin, nice pic!

Greg, poor dog.
Walleye Rock!

Greg

"Poor dog"   haha, i said "Tried" - I am not very accurate - didn't even come close to the pillow.   

He lifts his head, hearing the rubber practice weight bounce off the hardwood and looks at me like I am crazy and also has a look like "I am trying to sleep here".  He slept on my lap for almost 4 hours tonight... the old phrase "what a dogs life" sure does apply.

A pretty awesome and well behaved dog for a rescue...

fishtildark

59 days..and counting days above freezing. hopefully the next month or so will be more normal and we wont need an auger in june. T bone, I feel for you with draft day coming. please just don't ruin Saquon Barkleys career by picking him.
everyone have a great day and to those Pa. fishermen a good trout opener, which is usually a social event.
So many lures and so little time.

pike mike

66 long and long days

Canuckbass

42 or less!! If ice is out and water level up.
Work week when there though, but fishing and fun thrown in.

Mike J

92, and I think about it daily for longer than I should.  Living is SC, I have been able to get out on the boat and fish a little bit. Mostly for Bluegills (Breem  pronounced brim down here) and Catfish. Been a cold (for here) Spring so far, so I haven't been doing too good yet. But, I'd still rather be at Kip.

Mike

Hodgey1

Quote from: Mike J on April 11, 2018, 11:44:37 AM
92, and I think about it daily for longer than I should.  Living is SC, I have been able to get out on the boat and fish a little bit. Mostly for Bluegills (Breem  pronounced brim down here) and Catfish. Been a cold (for here) Spring so far, so I haven't been doing too good yet. But, I'd still rather be at Kip.

Mike

Boy Mike, that's a serious trip to Kipawa for you. I am thinking my 500 miles aren't so bad.
Walleye Rock!