Count down

Started by Oarin, February 16, 2018, 01:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike J

Yeah,  going to be a long one.  I'm originally from Easton, PA and still have family nearby in NJ so I'll be stopping there for a few days on the way up and back.  Had  to plan the trip around my Grandfathers 90th birthday party on July 21.  Going to that on the way home.  Going to be a long one for my 9 year old for sure. It'll be worth it for sure.
Mike

Hodgey1

Quote from: Mike J on April 11, 2018, 02:51:57 PM
Yeah,  going to be a long one.  I'm originally from Easton, PA and still have family nearby in NJ

Been to Easton many times as a child, my grandparents lived in Philipsburg and many family members still live in Nj. No better pizza in the whole world ! Oh, Ny too.  ;D
Walleye Rock!

SgtCrabby

@Mike J , I hear ya.   
I'm in Texas and we also pronounce bream as brim.  The rest of these folks on here are stuck waiting for their lakes to thaw.    It is nice to be blessed with liquid water all winter long...

Fort Wisers

We're starting to plan our our summer fun at the camp and around the area....

Now that we have a bit of a home base started on the Mattawan land (don't worry, tons of work left) we're branching out again.
One trip on the radar is to return to the Hunter's Point area by canoe (start at Bearn road bridge).
We're hoping to take a few days and paddle around turtle island.

Likely in the End of July / early August time frame.

Kyle Skelding

43 days until we head to Alwaki for a week. I've gone swimming every year I've been up...might take a little extra liquid courage this year! It will likely be the coldest water we've fished up there to date, if anyone has any cold water tips it would be greatly appreciated!

T-Bone

Quote from: Kyle Skelding on April 19, 2018, 09:55:36 AM
It will likely be the coldest water we've fished up there to date, if anyone has any cold water tips it would be greatly appreciated!

Slow down...fish nearer moving water...
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Canuckbass

A few years ago I had the best couple days on Kipawa, caught a lot and near current. All big walleye, well for Kipawa they were big. Year before slot sizes implemented.
Jighead with 4 inch Berkeley Power Minnow was the deal.

Kyle Skelding

RoK

agree with T-Bone and CB. We have been going late May/start of June for 18+ years, and always do well near moving water. Does not have to be in the current, but at least near by.

36 days
Cheers, Ron

GregL

Opener for me & Tina, can't wait! We'll be at Alwaki, I have a feeling it's going to be my home away from home this year!!

Really need to find a cabin on this lake!

Kyle Skelding

@GregL  how deep do you guys usually target for opener?  We're there the first full week of June and its always a guess the first couple times out as to how deep they're hitting. 

Mlambert

31 days to go.  Alwaki on the radar

GregL

7 days for us HOPEFULLY!!

Captain Hali

35 days to Alwaki for my daughter, son and I.

crackers42

Kyle,

Opener they will still down around the 20 foot mark.

They don't start moving up into the 10 foot plus until a couple weeks after opener, water warms up a touch, and hatch starts.

Real subtle jigging this opener will be the ticket nothing to fast.

Some think the spawn is late but they started while the ice was still there.