Upgraded to SMF 2.1.4
We hope you like the new look and feel!

Main Menu

Two Moon Lodge First Timer

Started by BigChief, March 14, 2018, 04:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigChief

All,
For the first time since 2002 we are heading to a different lodge besides TBL the last week in June. We are staying at Two Moon Lodge. We figure it is still close to the spots we normally fish at TBL and closer to some new places to try.

We have only fished Ace Bay, Wolf Bay and Smith Bay on the other side of the narrows. Just looking for some other spots to try out down that way for anyone who may have been there before.

Any info would be appreciated.
Bill

Jay Thomas

Be adventurous! Forget about the old fishing spots and find new ones. There's all kinds of good fishing locations for walleye and/or lake trout in Loon Bay. There's a huge flat on the right hand side of Loon Bay - every little bump on the bottom seems to hold a walleye or two. There's always walleye around the plethora of island points in Loon Bay. At the south east end of Loon Bay - near Two Rocks - there is a great place for small mouth bass fishing - fun way to spend an hour. The Two Moon Lodge location is a great place from which to explore the north east arm of Lake Kipawa.

Jay

puckster_guy

Quote from: BigChief on March 14, 2018, 04:04:54 AM
All,
For the first time since 2002 we are heading to a different lodge besides TBL the last week in June. We are staying at Two Moon Lodge. We figure it is still close to the spots we normally fish at TBL and closer to some new places to try.

We have only fished Ace Bay, Wolf Bay and Smith Bay on the other side of the narrows. Just looking for some other spots to try out down that way for anyone who may have been there before.

Any info would be appreciated.
Bill

Ya know Bigchief, I've had my camp at Red pine for about 7 yrs now. been everywhere around there. From Grindstone to the Turner rapids up the Kipawa river. Funny thing is everywhere I go I catch fish. It's fun to find new spots, but the tried and true spots are great fun. I'm lovin' this lake this summer I gotta make a trip that way, I haven't caught a smallie in 7 yrs.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

BigChief

@Jay Thomas
Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.