News:

Upgraded to SMF 2.1.4
We hope you like the new look and feel!

Main Menu

Ice Out Lake Kipawa Contest

Started by pike mike, March 21, 2018, 12:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crunchie

Gotta agree with the Puckster, people are still snowmobiling on Kipawa Lake, mind you not recommended in my book.  Ice off will not be before May 14th is my prediction, I'll go out on a limb and say may 16th.  Minus 7c this morning.
Keep your stick on the ice and your rod in the water

crackers42

I keep telling everyone there will be ice for opener but no one believes me :)

puckster_guy

The only ice I wanna see after the opener is in with my Wisers.,..
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Canuckbass

All the lakes in Muskoka are opening up now, hopefully Kipawa shows some open water soon. Hope they raise water level for long weekend.

T-Bone

Quote from: puckster_guy on April 30, 2018, 01:10:39 PM

OMG!!! That is classic! 😆😆😆 And Jay... I wonder how long ice would last in that cooler when it's being open every 99 seconds for a cold Bleue? The answer is not long... I speak from field testing. 😉 Block ice works way better tho...way better.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Jay Thomas

Quote from: T-Bone on April 30, 2018, 09:28:10 PM
And Jay... I wonder how long ice would last in that cooler when it's being open every 99 seconds for a cold Bleue? The answer is not long... I speak from field testing. 😉 Block ice works way better tho...way better.

Hey Todd... Put your Blues in a large mesh bag and suspend the bag down deep or lay it on the bottom where the water temperatures approach 6 degrees C (43 degrees F). Put some cold Blues in a cooler for overnight consumption. :)

Jay

crackers42

Puckster,

Was supposed to go up to camp a week Wed. but the snowmobiles still have the snow packed on the roads and too much snow around the camp.

Lake has 24 inches of hard ice also.

Trip cancelled and I would put my money on ice out on or after opener.

crackers42

Puckster,

Nipissing also has 30 inches on it still.

puckster_guy

No worries I gotta get the water running clean out the boat. Size up some jobs, beer to drink and r&r. I'll go as soon as I can drive in. I bought a sled for next winter. I'm still doing the weekend shift so I'll be there monday to thursday most weeks.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Fort Wisers

Quote from: puckster_guy on April 30, 2018, 01:10:39 PM

LOL, cheers to that @puckster_guy

Calicofishing

Dumoine has solid ice against the shore and snowmobiles running on the lake.

crunchie

Photo taken today May 13-2018 at noon.  Front of Kipawa is open but not too far, hopefully by wednesday.  Windy today so should help.
Keep your stick on the ice and your rod in the water

Goach15

Just home from opening up the cottage this weekend at Dorval Bay ...Laniel end is ice free as of today ...Will put the boat in next Friday and be ready for Opening Day...Can't wait !!

wayne

It was a beauty day in Kipawa. Frost this morning, then  windy sunny high of 22 degrees. Ice blew off Hunters lake around 2 pm. Ice on the main lake in Kipawa should be gone by morning. Plan on driving the water taxis in by afternoon. Will post tomorrow night to be sure but I think the person who picked May 14th for ice out is going to be real close. Let you know!!  ;)

Administrator

Just for the record, there are two battling it out for the winner right now.

Balsams had May 13
Brotherlund had May 21

Crunchie had settled on May 16 but missed the April 15 deadline by a couple weeks. Sorry Crunchie.