Looking for volunteer water quality testers for 2018

Started by cmoreau, January 22, 2018, 08:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmoreau

Our organization, the Kipawa Lake Preservation Society is currently searching for volunteers to assist with water quality monitoring. We are hoping to collect more data on water quality throughout the watershed however with such a big area to cover we are in need of assistance. No prior experience is necessary, and equipment in the form of a small kit with a secchi disc, pH, conductivity, and total dissolved solids meter as well as instructions on its use would be provided. If interested please email savekipawalake@gmail.com and provide your name, lake area you are able/willing to sample, prior experience (if applicable) and the level of commitment you are comfortable with (eg. weekly, bi-weekly or monthly sampling) as well as the time of year you are available (eg. May - October, July - September, etc.). Please note that for collecting secchi disc readings sampling must be done around noon, other readings may be taken at the same time or any time of day. For experienced/highly motivated volunteers additional sampling equipment may also be available for your use.

If interested a prompt reply would be appreciated as we have a grant funding deadline approaching, your response will aid us in determining how many kits need to be purchased. Thank you!

Dog

Have you reached out to the lodge owners in the watershed?
They have a vested interest in helping with this effort considering it is their livelihood and it would get you lots of samples from all over the lake throughout the entire year.

I have a hard time believing a lodge owner would turn down your request.

One more cast...

wayne

Hi Dog,
Kipawa Lodge is already on board with the water testing program. We will be taking samples all season  from the Hunters lake area. I challenge any other lodge owners to get involved. If anyone needs more information, get in touch with Christina( Kipawa lake preservation society) or send us an email. info@kipawalodge.com

puckster_guy

Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

wayne

Hey Puckster,
Glad you will be helping out with the water testing. I don't get to red pine chute too often during the season so your testing will provide some valuable  information. Glad you spoke with Christina. Thanks

puckster_guy

NP bro, glad it helps i9n the grander scheme of things... I'm a bit out of the way and Love my end of the lake.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

michelle

Hubby is taking care of our end of the lake. Should be interesting :)

cmoreau

@puckster_guy would you mind sending me an email to savekipawalake@gmail.com or providing your email address through a pm here. I'm sending some info out about the water quality testing soon and want to be sure you receive it.

Same for @michelle I want to be sure I have your husband's name/email on the list.

Thank you!

Christina