Brook Trout

Started by RoK, April 10, 2018, 11:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickOnt

This is a report Mike did on his trip to the Sutton River for Brook Trout,  Some fantastic fishing and from Hawley Lake to Hudson Bay ,no portages,  just a couple Polar Bears.

https://www.canadafishingguide.net/brook-trout-and-polar-bears-the-sutton-river-journal/
"Making Memories"

Hodgey1

Still some streams here in PA that have brookies. The one stream I catch them in is no wider than my desk and a hike back in. These however aren't 3 pounders, they are 6 inchers  :), but still lots of fun to catch! Forum member "Fishtilldark has a camp in PA brookie territory. This Saturday is our season opener for trout, which is seen by a lot of folks here as a holiday and pilgrimage.
Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

Quote from: RickOnt on April 11, 2018, 05:46:36 PM
I have done a couple Walleye/Pike trips with Mike But never a Brook Trout trip 

Yeah...Mike has always been gracious with me; I've communicated with him several times about some trips we were/are planning for coming years. And yes, his adventures into the north fishing are the stuff most of us (all of us?) only dream about. Absolutely incredible, and his ability to tell the story is to be commended. Great dude...

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

fishtildark

Yes Hodgey, you are correct . I seem to do much better on the native brookies later in the summer and a 9 inch or better is a trophy . if you can get out of the boat long enough maybe we can schedule a brookie excursion in summer or early fall...this weekend is a short trip to get camp ready for next weekend and wet a line in one of my favorite small streams that is usually good for the first day and after the may stocking. next weekend is the pilgrimage for several of us who decided a few years ago that the fishing, the crowds and the weather all were better the second weekend. The beer tastes pretty much the same ..
So many lures and so little time.

Riverrat

Yes there are a few select streams around on a need to know basis lol.  Happy hunting.