September fishing

Started by PETERBFLY, July 17, 2018, 10:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PETERBFLY

So we are finally pulling the trigger and heading back in September for a second trip.  We have always come the last week of June, so this will be a new experience for us.  Wondering what to expect?  I heard the Walleye are deeper and Lake Trout shallow.  Pike and Bass are in the same locations. 
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks all
Live to Hunt and Fish.. Work to pay for both..

BigChief

Congrats on the 2nd trip @PETERBFLY! Wish I could do it. Are you going back to TML?

I was up there once in September and the Walleye were in 24-32FOW. We pretty much vertical jigged. Didn't do bad size wise but numbers were not as good. We also weren't as knowledgeable of the lake back then.

Good luck and look forward to hearing the trip report.

Hodgey1

Last year was my first year on Kipawa at Alwaki Lodge, I went twice, once in the end of july and the second time the first week in September. Because the Walleye were already out deeper in July, I found the fish bite to be just as good in September and we ended up fishing the same locations and similar depths as we did in July. I'm not sure why, but the only exception was that the morning bites were very slow, to the point when I go back this year in Sept, I will be sleeping in and maybe do some mid morning trolling for walleye and trout.

On a side note, I would suggest maybe using the September trip as more laid back Fishing trip as the weather in September was spectacular, Lodge owner Brian said September is his favorite time to be at Kipawa. If I could have bottled that week I could sell it and be a Ka-billionaire! ;D
Walleye Rock!

crackers42

Peterflyby,

Concentrate on the shores where the sun rises in the morning and sets in the afternoon due to water temp.

If trolling slow the pace down below 1 mph and vertical jig for Trout (tube jig and best time of year in approx. 40-50 feet rising up to 30 feet (you will need a good graph to do this).

PETERBFLY

Quote from: BigChief on July 18, 2018, 06:34:14 AM
Congrats on the 2nd trip @PETERBFLY! Wish I could do it. Are you going back to TML? 

Yeah back to Two Moon.  We have been talking about doing this trip for years
Live to Hunt and Fish.. Work to pay for both..