Author Topic: Headin' up...  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Canuckbass

Re: Headin' up...
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2018, 08:38:37 AM »
No worries Greg, Your in. All the ice will be off everywhere in the next couple of days.

Awesome!!
So your saying we can run from town of Kipawa to Corbeau for long weekend?

Online Jay Thomas

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2018, 11:07:22 AM »
Contact Wayne at Kipawa Lodge to ascertain when you can make your trip. Wayne will no doubt be on the water as soon as possible to get ready for the opener.

Jay

Offline wayne

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2018, 07:06:54 PM »
Hey Guys, Just  to let everyone know that I arrived at the lodge today. Not an easy task. Had to travel the old bush road by ATV. Then break ice with the boat for a 1/4 mile. That was it.  Then portage a canoe across a cattail swamp to open water on Hunters lake then paddled across. Launched one of my aluminums, went back and portage my supplies to the boat.  Only took 6 hours! Here to stay. Glad to be back. Ice is not out! I am hoping to launch the of the taxi boats by Monday, Tuesday at the latest and drive in from Kipawa.  Will post when that happens, so we can determine the winner of the ice out contest.  Happy fishing everyone!

Online Jay Thomas

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2018, 07:39:29 PM »
Thanks Wayne. Very kind of you to respond. Sounds like some tough slogging.

Jay

Offline wayne

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2018, 07:57:34 PM »
Yes Jay, It was a real work out. Worth all of the effort. Thanks to my wife  and business partner of 38 years was right with me step by step just as anxious to get back to our little piece of paradise as I am.  Couldn't ask for a better day!

Offline GregL

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2018, 01:49:20 PM »
No worries Greg, Your in. All the ice will be off everywhere in the next couple of days.

That's awesome.. already not sleeping!! 4 more days!!!!

Offline puckster_guy

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 05:26:02 PM »
 I'm going back up on monday till thursday with a buddy from work. Looking for at least one fry... I gotta drop in my buddy Kieth and his gang of hapless mechanics also looking for some fresh walleyes, for a beer on my way in...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:29:05 PM by puckster_guy »
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)