Headin' up...

Started by puckster_guy, May 04, 2018, 04:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bone

The blue of the lake in the second picture says it all. Kipawa blue. Can’t wait to get back.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Kyle Skelding

@puckster_guy what part of the lake is that picture of strong current?

Captain Steve

Does anyone have a report on the road condition of Chemin De Maniwaki back to lac Grindstone?
Thank you!

RickOnt

Hey Puckster  Is the last pic of the dock and current at your camp?

Cheers
Rick
"Making Memories"

T-Bone

Quote from: Kyle Skelding on May 09, 2018, 09:21:42 AM

That's got to be Red Pine Chute...and I think he's not "on" the Chute, but close...
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

crackers42

Right out front of the outflow from the chute about yds away.

I would think the road to Grindstone is still a week or so out snowmobiles will pack it down during the winter so last to go out.

Fort Wisers

Quote from: crackers42 on May 09, 2018, 03:36:55 PM
Right out front of the outflow from the chute about yds away.

I would think the road to Grindstone is still a week or so out snowmobiles will pack it down during the winter so last to go out.

@crackers42 you talking about windy lake road? It's still partly covered but the UTVs / ATVs have started using it.

puckster_guy

Quote from: Kyle Skelding on May 09, 2018, 09:21:42 AM

Thats just past the bridge at Red pine chutes. That's mostly gone in mid June.

Not my camp Rick. That's on the main road in. I'm a couple more km in. I took a drive to get some water near Booth lake. All the roads were snow free, and rivers swollen.

Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Jay Thomas

Quote from: puckster_guy on May 09, 2018, 09:52:21 PM
I took a drive to get some water near Booth lake.

Hey Puckster, would you mind providing an explanation as to why you needed to drive to a place near Booth Lake to get water. Do your long term plans for your Kipawa home include drilling a well? Just wondering.

Jay

puckster_guy

Hey, Jay. There's a small spring there where many local get their drinking water. Lake water pumped thru the house provides for washing and some cooking purposes. The spring water is for my coffee pot and drinking. Eventually a well make an appearance. Right now I have too many other major expenses to worry about. BTW the grouse are everywhere around here.

puckster_guy

Looks like that's it for ice at this end of the lake. Been windy and warm all week.. Today a nasty north wind seems to have pushed all the surface ice down here. A few square yrds of surface ice is all thats left here.

GregL

What's the chance we are gonna get into Alwaki for the long weekend!! I'M GETTING PUNCHY!! LOL!

puckster_guy

No worries Greg, Your in. All the ice will be off everywhere in the next couple of days.

Captain Hali

So, that ponders the question, when is the ice OFFICIALLY out of Kipawa, and who is the winner?