Headin' up...

Started by puckster_guy, May 04, 2018, 04:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuckbass

Quote from: puckster_guy on May 11, 2018, 03:54:21 PM
No worries Greg, Your in. All the ice will be off everywhere in the next couple of days.

Awesome!!
So your saying we can run from town of Kipawa to Corbeau for long weekend?

Jay Thomas

Contact Wayne at Kipawa Lodge to ascertain when you can make your trip. Wayne will no doubt be on the water as soon as possible to get ready for the opener.

Jay

wayne

Hey Guys, Just  to let everyone know that I arrived at the lodge today. Not an easy task. Had to travel the old bush road by ATV. Then break ice with the boat for a 1/4 mile. That was it.  Then portage a canoe across a cattail swamp to open water on Hunters lake then paddled across. Launched one of my aluminums, went back and portage my supplies to the boat.  Only took 6 hours! Here to stay. Glad to be back. Ice is not out! I am hoping to launch the of the taxi boats by Monday, Tuesday at the latest and drive in from Kipawa.  Will post when that happens, so we can determine the winner of the ice out contest.  Happy fishing everyone!

Jay Thomas

Thanks Wayne. Very kind of you to respond. Sounds like some tough slogging.

Jay

wayne

Yes Jay, It was a real work out. Worth all of the effort. Thanks to my wife  and business partner of 38 years was right with me step by step just as anxious to get back to our little piece of paradise as I am.  Couldn't ask for a better day!

GregL

Quote from: puckster_guy on May 11, 2018, 03:54:21 PM
No worries Greg, Your in. All the ice will be off everywhere in the next couple of days.

That's awesome.. already not sleeping!! 4 more days!!!!

puckster_guy

I'm going back up on monday till thursday with a buddy from work. Looking for at least one fry... I gotta drop in my buddy Kieth and his gang of hapless mechanics also looking for some fresh walleyes, for a beer on my way in...
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

puckster_guy

Going to camp on Monday the 25th till July 5th. The usual fish and work trip Gotta finish off a couple of bedrooms and give the weed wacker a run for it's money. Sometimes I wonder if I bit off more then I can chew but I'm in no hurry to finish.  :) ;D 8) If anybody's cruising thru stop by for an ale. 

Fort Wisers

Have fun @puckster_guy ......don't worry, anyone who owns a camp has second guessed the mentality of such an endeavor, myself included, many times LOL.
But on those occasions when it all comes together there's no mistaking it's all worth the hard work, blood, sweat and tears.
Keep up the great work, your place looks amazing, you've come a long way in a short period of time.
I'm often envious you're where you are on your project as we have a long way to go to get our place to the state you're in.

Enjoy every moment, even when you're swearing at the place LOL.

crackers42

was up your way this week puckster, lots of big fish around the left corner from you.

Smallest was around 2 pounds biggest topped out at 12.

Fish were either in 8 feet or suspended in 30 down 20.

Very sever thermalclient @ 60 feet and trout were right on top of it.

puckster_guy

Good to know Crackers, thx. The fish should start showing up in their usual summer spots by now.

puckster_guy

I just made it to camp an hour or so ago. Fired up the propane fridge and mostly unloaded the jeep. Still 300sqft of laminate flooring left. That can wait til morning, after my troll. Red Pine rd. Is looking awesome. all the new sections are weaved in and already it's faster and straighter. Still kinda rough as they have much work to do. But looking good! :) Just about to put a couple of burgers and the bbq, then launch boat and see what I can find.....

Fort Wisers

Puckster, you need to post a picture if you're going to tease us with that kind of description (refering to the BBQ and boat)!
Sounds awesome, enjoy your time up there, thanks for always sharing your adventures and for the red pine road report.