Any Updates from Ground Zero?

Started by T-Bone, May 21, 2018, 09:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitty55

Quote from: BigChief on May 23, 2018, 01:41:37 AM
@smitty55 & @T-Bone are you actually following their page? If not you may only be able to see the posts that were made public. They may have posted it for members only but @wayne could probably answer that question better than me.

So I just tried that, liked and following. Turned off both adblockers and made sure no scripts were blocked. Still nada. I even did a video search and still nothing. Strange.

Cheers

puckster_guy

STILL NO BUGS!!! Lovin' every minute of it
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

smitty55

Well go figure. The vids showed up on my FB feed. Nice fish guys.
https://www.facebook.com/Kidkipawa/posts/10215357911801852

Cheers

T-Bone

Quote from: puckster_guy on May 23, 2018, 02:08:33 PM
STILL NO BUGS!!! Lovin' every minute of it

Ha ha ha ha ha...minutes are about all you have left before those buggers unfurl their new wings and start flying...searching...looking for your blood and the blood of thousands, maybe millions of other mammals in the area.

If you remain very silent you can probably hear the unmistakable sound of the swarm...buh'gillions of biting bugs comin' to get 'cha....  :)

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

puckster_guy

I can hear them in the distance coming my way T-Bone. They love me. I'm fresh city meat..... I'll enjoy their absence while I can.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

smitty55

Quote from: puckster_guy on May 23, 2018, 07:45:09 PM
I can hear them in the distance coming my way T-Bone. They love me. I'm fresh city meat..... I'll enjoy their absence while I can.

Area spray for repelling skitters for up to 2 months. http://myhousepests.com/mosquitoes/homemade-mosquito-yard-spray.html
One bottle of mint mouthwash
3 cups epsom salts
3 bottles of stale beer.
Mix all together until salt is dissolved. Spray around property and allow to dry.

I never though about spraying it in a boat, but it might work. At least around the property it will give you some relief while putting around outside the camp.

Cheers

Hodgey1

Quote from: T-Bone on May 23, 2018, 03:45:02 PM

TB, Seeing this picture and your warning of the black fly/Skeeter onslaught is ruining my fantasy’s of being in Kipawa right now.
Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

Rig up the boat Hodgey...I'd go up there now in a Cleveland second! I just like to whine about the bugs. Maybe Brian has an open cabin next week. 😳

Hodgey1

Quote from: T-Bone on May 23, 2018, 09:19:43 PM
Rig up the boat Hodgey...

Sorry Tbone..... That picture is such a buzzzzz kill  ;D
Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

It's actually worse than that...  :o ...but I'd still go up...

RHYBAK

So????
T-Bone, I have a boat.
Why don't you ask me?
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

pike mike

Smitty55 ,thanks so much for the link to the bug spray recipes . Our Coca-Cola group from the Hammer have been venturing to 3 Seasons for 20 years ( and Ogascanan prior to that ) dealing and living with late May amd now mid June bugs the entire time . I may make up a batch of DYI bug spray and try it out ,thanks to you .

T-Bone

Quote from: RHYBAK on May 24, 2018, 04:21:31 PM
So????
T-Bone, I have a boat.
Why don't you ask me?

Because you would actually do it and hammer me for not....

Chazz

Found this home recipe on line for black fly repellant gonna try it this week opening up my cottage brother-in-law said bugs were bad
2 cups water
1 cup vinegar
10 drops peppermint or spearmint  (essential oil)

RHYBAK

Quote from: Chazz on May 25, 2018, 05:25:30 PM
Found this home recipe on line for black fly repellant gonna try it this week opening up my cottage brother-in-law said bugs were bad
2 cups water
1 cup vinegar
10 drops peppermint or spearmint  (essential oil)

Worst come to worst, you can at least drink it
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle