Logging roads

Started by Jig and drift, June 08, 2014, 08:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jig and drift

Good day all. Just wondering what the back roads conditions are this year. We drive in to Dumoine each year and the logging roads  are always a point of discussion pre-trip. Maniwaki is always pretty good up to Red Pine . So my real question is how is Red Pine this year? Last year it wasn't to bad since it appeared someone was clearing lots along the way. Then how is the Bearne heading farther east? We drive in on July 9 and have been going to Dumoine for 22 years now. Thank you all for your help.

puckster_guy

I was just on the red pine road to the bridge. It's in much better shape then last year after that? Dunno. Maniwaki is in very good shape as well with graders working it.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Jig and drift

Thank you puckster for the info ,
I knew from your posts that you were near the bridge on red pine and that info is all good news. Always good to here that the graders are working . The Bearn east is usually pretty good at first but gets pretty rough at the end. Anybody been into Watson Lake have any info on the Bearn road ? We head in July 9.
Thanks again and happy fishing

puckster_guy

hey Jig drop by for a cold one if I'm at camp
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

NortonJoe

@Jig and drift we are heading into Watson on July 26...Let us know how the roads in are!  Leave some for us!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

Jig and drift

I am headed to Dumoine but I know that the folks going to Watson take the same path east on the Bearne road past Red Pine. Plenty of signs along the way. I will give you a road update though Joe. Happy fishing.