Quick trip report - more details coming... Alwaki July 14 to 21 - 2018

Started by Greg, July 21, 2018, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattie

Interesting to see you got 2 bass this year around Alwaki. Did you get them Jig Fishing?  I wonder if my 1 from last year will  turn into 2 this year as well.

1 day.

Greg

Hey Mattie...

The first one, kind of a fluke, I was rigging up my slip bobber and threw the hook with leach overboard so I could adjust the bobber stop and while I was doing this in my hands, the line just starts going crazy - I don't even think the leach was 2 feet down from the surface.

The 2nd was trolling with a crank bait.

Have a good trip!

Greg

Greg

Raw videos and pictures...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FbMvWE1zaXp6l9cFhrpYuvjTq9cq7bp4?usp=sharing

This is a link to my GoogleDrive... it has been separated into sub folders... there are pictures and videos from multiple sources (Justin's Drone, Justin's phone, Justin's GoPro, my phone and a friend in the next cabin sent us some pictures also).

Way to many to go through, but some have been asking me for some of the videos.  I will get this edited, consolidated and assembled into one video but thought some might want to look around.

There are drone videos of me going through the shoot (multiple angles/multiple heights, etc.).
There are drone videos and pictures of Canal bay (video exiting Canal bay is cool) - Pictures from hundreds of feet up showing Canal bay cut from the trees is also cool.

Lots of fishing, and fooling around - some of these are complete garbage which we won't use in the end video, so just ignore anything that is obviously bad.

One thing I did not put in my trip report, and it has a bunch of pictures and videos... a bald eagle saw us throw a small walleye back into the water while trolling one morning along a shore line - the eagle then decided to stock/follow us and would move up the shore 200 meters at a time, waiting for us to catch another fish and throw it back.  There are lots of pictures of the eagle sitting in the tree (zoom in) and one or two videos of it flying.  It was a really cool experience to see it calmly follow us along a shore for about 45 minutes.

If you have any questions (location or "what the heck is that picture of?") just let me know.

Greg

Hodgey1

Greg, You guys did a great job. Lots of awesome footage from the drone. I particularly like the footage coming threw the area with the shear rock faces. Nice work and thanks for sharing.
Walleye Rock!

Greg

Hi Hodgey,

I think the area you are referring to is canal bay.  Great place - the video doesn't do it justice - you should plan a visit there when you return in September.  I think it would be great to see if the fall colours are out.

Greg

Hodgey1

Walleye Rock!

Greg

Yes. That is it!

There is a nice little beach right there also at the island across from the opening - there are docks, picnic tables, bathrooms back in the woods, etc.  The municipality has built all this up.  One of the drone pictures has a picture of my boat and two large boats docked behind it.   

This beach is party central on a hot summer Saturday afternoon - lots of locals from town make this beach their destination to swim and spend an afternoon.

Greg

smitty55

That canal bay sure is a neat place, never knew about it as I've never been quite that far north. Then it opens into 200 fow, anyone ever fished Lakers up there?
Greg in your second drone vid 0006 starting at 15 sec there is something swimming across the points as you turn to enter the canal. Any idea what it was, I was thinking moose?

Cheers

Greg

We tried fishing (jigging) for Lakers after we hit the 100 foot down to 200 feet - my fish finder was marking fish but we didn't get anything. 

I'll have a look at the video tomorrow - not sure what you are referring to - maybe I completely missed something!

I know you were looking for new videos of me going through the shoot - I think there is a total of 7 now - did you have a look at those?

Greg

Greg

@smitty55 - if I am understanding what you are referring to correctly, the swimming animals is a family of ducks - if you watch all the way to the end, around the 1:58 to the 2:11 minute (ending) - the drone camera looks at them on the shore line in the rocks... a trail of little ducklings behind mama duck.

Good-eye to catch that!

smitty55

Quote from: Greg on August 15, 2018, 08:39:19 AM
@smitty55 - if I am understanding what you are referring to correctly, the swimming animals is a family of ducks - if you watch all the way to the end, around the 1:58 to the 2:11 minute (ending) - the drone camera looks at them on the shore line in the rocks... a trail of little ducklings behind mama duck.Good-eye to catch that!

Yea you're right about the ducks. Upon review I can spot them jumping into the water and then catching up to mom, making it look like one critter from that high up.
And yea I checked out some of the chute videos. A neat view but it doesn't give the same feeling as when the camera is in the boat like your one from 2016.

Cheers

Greg

Thanks,

I do have a couple of shoot videos in different video folders where we were holding the camera in the boat ... some are in GoPro Vids and Gregs Vids.

Greg