Turner Falls

Started by rossbound, August 01, 2018, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossbound

How does one get to Turner Falls? it looks like a cool spot to check out.

crackers42

I will be gong there next week but two ways yo can do it

You can go down the maniwaki to the 60 mile mark river crosses the road called the gardiner river.  Dump in there float north up the river through the swamp to the right up to Brennan ( some call it lac sairs).  Go up to the top end on the right under the bridge up the river portage around the rocks

Or

Up maniwaki to the red one cut off over the bridge hang a right go down about 15 mile then dump into the top end down through that lake portage into Brennan

if you have never been there be very careful of the slats around the bridge and rocks at the top, right do the falls

best explanation I can give but I would suggest to get a map of the area

rossbound

ok so dumb question. is there any way to get there by driving and hiking?

crackers42

No that I am aware of but if you google turner falls it will show you all the maps and trails.

Jig and drift

Trying to make sure I understand where this is. So as we head in and out of lake Dumoine we cross the Kipawa river on the Bearne rd  on the big bridge that was rebuilt a few years back. Maybe the most scenic view of the trip, but the falls that you are referring to are south of that bridge correct ? There have been vehicles parked by that bridge which we assumed were people canoeing the river. So how far down river are the falls? Found a nice YouTube video of the falls where they used a drone to film it.  Very cool   Am I correct in the river and bridge area ???   Thanks.

crackers42

turners falls is up the river from Brennan Lake (or Lac Sairs) (Northeast end of the lake).

Jig and drift

Any idea how far it is from the bridge to the falls?   Just wondering.  Thanks !

crackers42

Jig and drift

So you could just about see it from the bridge then. I will look closer next year.  Thanks for the info.

crackers42

no you wont be able to see it from the bridge about 4 football fields.

rossbound

Dumb question. what bridge are you talking about?

crackers42

right before you start going up the river to Turners Falls at Brennan