I would like to be part of the Camp Owners Thread

Started by hinorth, February 14, 2021, 10:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hinorth

reelpro, as a fellow outfitter and business owner, I total understand everyone's frustration during these times. For me, I think I am looking at my second season without clients at my fishing lodge in Northern Quebec as my market is 90% US based as well my bear hunts in Huntsville this spring and even if our borders open, I do not think that Nunavik will allow anyone not living there access... that's what my thought is, I hope I'm wrong. I would think you will be offering a service that will be used.  I know I will if I can get a cottage purchased and with a water taxi available out of Kipawa, I will open my search to boat access properties.  As for being new to the Lake, I know I will be looking for fishing guide service for the first summer for sure.  Wishing you the best of luck and that goes to everyone else out there.  Thanks

limacharley

Quote from: reelpro on February 28, 2021, 10:20:25 PM
Re the water taxi insurance it runs about $2,000 per season.

Plus the operator will need. SVOP certification from Transport Canada. Small vessel operators certificate for commercial marine operations, as well as
Med A3, and a Marine first aid  - about 5 days of training offered at many colleges,

I have run a Fishing Charter water taxi business for 15 yrs in Muskoka

Moving to Kipawa next year and I will  likely open up on Kipawa again in 2022 Covid permitting.

Not exactly a social distancing business, with 6 people in a 20 foot boat.

Hi reelpro
What's your business called and where is your docking?
I always pass along this info to people that need the various services the Kipawa folks provide.

I will be operating out of the town of Kipawa

5 fisherman or 7 passengers
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

reelpro

Hi

I will not open for business until 2022. Hopefully Covid will be history by then.

I will be revamping ads and website from Muskoka to Kipawa in the winter of 2021/22.

Reelpro Fishing Charters. - will be the site www.Reelpro.ca

hinorth

Thanks to everyone on here that helped along the way.  It took 65 days from the time of contact to closing our deal on Lake Kipawa.  As of the past Monday April 26, I am now official as being part of the "Camp Owners Thread" Now we all are hoping the best on our current situation to clear up and travel restrictions lifted.  Again, thanks.  Stay safe, stay healthy.  More info. to follow.

Fort Wisers

T-Bone

Quote from: hinorth on April 30, 2021, 06:15:32 AM
Thanks to everyone on here that helped along the way.  It took 65 days from the time of contact to closing our deal on Lake Kipawa.  As of the past Monday April 26, I am now official as being part of the "Camp Owners Thread"

Where is your new place located?
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

puckster_guy

Congrats HiNorth, welcome to the club. I'm happy to see you join. this calls for a beer. Enjoy bro.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

michelle

Congrats on the purchase of your camp on Kipawa!