Where are you from KFF Member?

Started by Hodgey1, July 24, 2020, 12:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limacharley

Hodgey-You can add me; from Corbeil, Ontario. Add my brother too, Tulita, NWT.
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

laketrouter

Hodgey can you add me , from Cambridge On.

Hodgey1

@laketrouter and @limacharley you've been added. Thanks for participating!
Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

Lima...do u know Henry/Hensel Bos? He lives at Birch Hill Camp on Nosbonsing. Family has owed it for decades. We went there in ‘92. Guy was a character to say the least. Good time... good lake.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

limacharley

@Tbone-No I've never met him. I don't often fish Nosbonsing. Yes it's a good alternative to Nipissing. Huge Muskie in there.

You Ohio guys might not know this but apparently the old Birch Point Lodge on Hunter's Lake is owned by a group of modern Mennonites from Ohio.
If you ever see some boats in there, you should stop and talk to them. Not sure what part of Ohio. I plan on introducing myself someday as they may need me to keep an eye on the place.
I do that for several cottages on my route.
Everybody is a genius.
- Albert Einstein

SgtCrabby

@Hodgey1 , I believe we've gone to the Kipawa area 8 times (1TBL, and 7 times at Lake Ogascanan.
Dog may correct that number.

2 times before that was at a Lake in Ontario.

Crest

Hello All.  I'm brand new to the site.  I go to Kipawa as often as possible, been twice this season so far. 

I stay on Lac Hunter at the old white birch point lodge. 

@Hodgey1 , can you add me to the map?  I'm near Caledonia, Ontario.

Thanks - Crest

limacharley

Crest-Do you own White Birch Point Lodge or know the owners? I was told there was a group from Ohio that owned that place.
Everybody is a genius.
- Albert Einstein

Hodgey1

Quote from: Crest on August 06, 2020, 09:25:39 AM
Hello All.  I'm brand new to the site.  I go to Kipawa as often as possible, been twice this season so far. 

@Crest , welcome to the forum and thanks for participating in the map project, you've been added. We are up to 45 members mapped.

Your a lucky dog to get to Kipawa multiple times a year.
Walleye Rock!

Crest

Hi LimaCharley - I don't own the lodge.  I know the owner(s).  We've been looking after the place as best we can for them.  Doing the basics in prep for a few small groups to visit over the summer.  There is a small group coming up on the 12th actually and I should be up shortly after that.  From reading posts I'm gathering you own the camp between white birch and kipawa lodge?

@Hodgey1 - it's amazing, the spell that place puts on us eh?

Hodgey1

Quote from: Crest on August 06, 2020, 11:10:21 AM
- it's amazing, the spell that place puts on us eh?

It sure does! Love it there and deeply sad that I may not be able to get there this year.
Walleye Rock!

limacharley

Quote from: Crest on August 06, 2020, 11:10:21 AM
Hi LimaCharley - I don't own the lodge.  I know the owner(s).  We've been looking after the place as best we can for them.  Doing the basics in prep for a few small groups to visit over the summer.  There is a small group coming up on the 12th actually and I should be up shortly after that.  From reading posts I'm gathering you own the camp between white birch and kipawa lodge?

@Hodgey1 - it's amazing, the spell that place puts on us eh?

yes I own the cottage in the northern bay; Canadian flag flying proudly on the dock.
Everybody is a genius.
- Albert Einstein

Hodgey1

I am a little shocked that the map hasn't turned up one member from Quebec? There are 19 so far from Ontario.

Edit 11:52a: It just dawned on me.....Language barriers. Sometimes I'm a little dense.
Walleye Rock!

smitty55

Quote from: Hodgey1 on August 10, 2020, 11:44:09 AM
I am a little shocked that the map hasn't turned up one member from Quebec? There are 19 so far from Ontario.

Edit 11:52a: It just dawned on me.....Language barriers. Sometimes I'm a little dense.
Hodgey many residents of Quebec can understand and converse in English just fine. The real question is often whether they actually choose to. Actually as I recall,  by far most of the other fishermen I've chatted with up at Kipawa had English as their mother tongue.

If you want to make it 20 from Ontario I'm from just outside Almonte, a half hour west of Ottawa.

Cheers

Hodgey1

@smitty55 makes 20 from Ontario. Thanks for participating smitty!
Walleye Rock!