Ultraskiff

Started by Administrator, July 13, 2014, 10:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Administrator

Just wondering what you guys think of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OprJtFRHWtk

We have inquired about a dealership, and wanting some opinions. They are new by a new company so information is coming along very slowly. Apparently this video went viral, and they weren't prepared for the interest they received. They come in at around $1000. John and I lately have been thinking they may be a little pricey compared to the inflatable personal tubes or pontoons. Just wanting some honest opinions.

Oarin

Pretty neat idea. It looks like a lot of fun, but for me only in  calm water and close to shore. I'd want to have a back up battery on board too. Oarin.

Jay Thomas

Nancy and John:

I believe that there's a potential demand for such a craft especially from fisher persons who own cottages on small trout lakes/ponds.

Jay

CaptainCrappie

Pretty slick, fishing by yourself but....  Can't take much tackle etc. with you. A few times lifting legs/feet over tackle or what ever would get old for me.  I wonder what a stiff breeze would actually do to the trolling motor control?

C.C.
You don't get these days back.  Live each day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.

RHYBAK

Neat idea. I guess it has it time and place.
Not for me
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Dog

This is a really innovative idea... it would be great for a small lake or pond on private land. While it appears stable, I can't say I'd trust it on a larger lake or river for multiple reasons ( large waves, drunk boaters doing donuts around you and a dead battery (with no way to paddle back to shore would top my list)... It definitely has it's place though and it's just a matter of marketing it to the right clientele. If I ever owned  land with a small lake or pond I'd get one for sure, when not using it for fishing it could be used to swim off of and subath on.

One more cast...