Kipawa Lodge 08/14 to 08/20

Started by wvmedic, August 25, 2022, 02:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmedic

The Wife and I spent the week at Kipawa Lodge enjoyingfishingandour Honeymoon, Wayne and Barb are amazing people. This was our first time on Kipawa, we did learn a little about the lake and we will absolutely be back. The fishing was pretty tough, Wayne and everyone in camp said that it was. We really didn't fish very hard and I got sick Wednesday night and was in bed until Friday morning. We managed to catch 17 Walleye only 4 keepers, the rest were around the 14 inch mark. 99% of those were caught on a hook and sinker with a small piece of crawler. We also caught 7 small smallmouth and a yellow perch. All in all we had a great time and looking forward to our next trip.

We did slip bobber, jig, bottom bounce and troll with little success.

Jeff

Ozzy30

Glad you had a good honeymoon and will be back.  The fishing has been a little tough at times in hunter lake area, before going up next year PM me.  I have been figuring the area out with more and more success every weekend.

wvmedic

Thank you Ozzy30, I absolutely will.

Jeff

Hodgey1

Sorry you got sick on your honeymoon, but congratulations! Glad you enjoyed Kipawa Lodge, I've heard nothing but good thing about that camp.
Walleye Rock!