Garmin Navionics

Started by yakeye, March 03, 2023, 05:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakeye

Hi all, does anyone use Garmin Navionics Canada sd card for navigating their way around the lakes, if so, is it worth the money? thanks. Doug.

RHYBAK

Here in Canada , the units come with the card.
I have been going to the lake long enough to know where I am going, so I hardly use the mapping.

If you know the lake, and have the ability to create your own mapping, save your money on the mapping card and just buy a blank SD Card and create your own
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

yakeye

Thanks Rhybak,  I know the area, but it will be the first time up for some, in my group, and thought it might be nice to have the maps and create a route from the government dock, to Kipawa lodge, in case of emergency.

RHYBAK

Do you have Navionics on your phone?
Do any of the other guys?
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Hodgey1

Quote from: yakeye on March 06, 2023, 03:18:32 PM
Thanks Rhybak,  I know the area, but it will be the first time up for some, in my group, and thought it might be nice to have the maps and create a route from the government dock, to Kipawa lodge, in case of emergency.

yakeye, the maps are worth it for the reason you mentioned "Emergency" because then they're priceless. The lake maps layout does real well with the shore lines, but suck for the accuracy of the depths. I would, like Rhybak mentioned, build your own contours with a enable fish finder for accurate depths. I've had both a Garmin with it and now a Lowrance, does a great job.
Walleye Rock!