exchange rate

Started by Oarin, March 31, 2018, 09:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oarin

The U.S./Can. exchange rate is 29%. I got my trip $ on Thursday. Not bad, $100 U.S. gets you about $130 Canadian. Makes shopping at the Temiscaming IGA even better. 104 days left!

Canuckbass

Quote from: Oarin on March 31, 2018, 09:58:52 PM
The U.S./Can. exchange rate is 29%. I got my trip $ on Thursday. Not bad, $100 U.S. gets you about $130 Canadian. Makes shopping at the Temiscaming IGA even better. 104 days left!

May want to load up on gas down south too. It’s like $1.26/ Litre. It just jumped up.

Oarin

Ouch!! Has the gas station across the street from the Auberge Canadienne reopened?

Hodgey1

Quote from: Oarin on March 31, 2018, 09:58:52 PM
Oarin, where did you do the exchange?
Walleye Rock!

Oarin

My local M&T bank in Victor,NY always has Canadian funds.

Hodgey1

Quote from: Oarin on April 01, 2018, 03:50:27 PM
My local M&T bank in Victor,NY always has Canadian funds.

My local bank makes me order Cad funds and there are fee’s attached.  >:(
Walleye Rock!

limacharley

Quote from: Oarin on April 01, 2018, 12:44:48 PM
Ouch!! Has the gas station across the street from the Auberge Canadienne reopened?

No not yet. Stop 102 was in negotiation to move there. Not sure what happened.?
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

zjstickley

I understand that the owners of Stop 102 bought the gas station 2 years ago. After the fact environmental inspections revealed a leaking tank. When they started replacing the tanks, it was discovered that one of the tanks is partially under the building. Ouch... as a result, I was told the new owners have been in a battle with Environment Canada and lot of red tape. Apparently, the building would likely be destroyed if the tank is removed. Best of luck to the new owners... hopefully they'll be able to resolve the issues. The location and convenience of the gas station is perfect and missed!

Canuckbass

Quote from: zjstickley on April 11, 2018, 07:53:08 AM
I understand that the owners of Stop 102 bought the gas station 2 years ago. After the fact environmental inspections revealed a leaking tank. When they started replacing the tanks, it was discovered that one of the tanks is partially under the building. Ouch... as a result, I was told the new owners have been in a battle with Environment Canada and lot of red tape. Apparently, the building would likely be destroyed if the tank is removed. Best of luck to the new owners... hopefully they'll be able to resolve the issues. The location and convenience of the gas station is perfect and missed!

That sucks, that stop got a lot of our business in quick time.
A few trucks would roll in, we'd have about fifteen mins to grab your gas, license, beer, bait and back in truck to roll into Kipawa to boats. We all had the system down pat.
Hopefully it all gets resolved and doesn't break their bank.