Best husband ever.

Started by Hodgey1, August 09, 2019, 12:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puckster_guy

Prob that and anchor. Goto waypoint etc.The Garmin uses wifi to communicate. I scanned thru the manual.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Hodgey1

I just skimmed the manual.....Looks a bit complicated and seems like the thing might also serve as a microwave also.
Walleye Rock!

GregL

Nice! Your going to love it man!.. So convenient! Just a tip, keep a spare controller battery in your boat..because once you use the controller your never gonna wanna use the pedal again! LOL!

I can't remember the last time I actually used the pedal on my TM's

Quote from: Hodgey1 on August 18, 2019, 09:36:45 AM
The post man brought my i-pilot this week and I installed it yesterday. I figured my wife deserved a prompt install, so away I went, It was a very easy install I might add. It took longer to figure out which installation instruction I needed to follow, than it took to actually install the darn thing.

Why muddy your installation instruction for multiple models into one set? If you have  this do that, but if you have that do this, or if you don’t have this or that, but have this attachment move on to step 27? Geezzz

Hodgey1

Quote from: GregL on August 19, 2019, 08:10:49 AM
Nice! Your going to love it man!.. So convenient! Just a tip, keep a spare controller battery in your boat..because once you use the controller your never gonna wanna use the pedal again! LOL!

I can't remember the last time I actually used the pedal on my TM's

Thanks Greg.

The model TM I have, the pedal becomes unusable after the installation of the iPilot.
Walleye Rock!

RHYBAK

I have a foot control that has never been plugged in yet
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Hodgey1

I hit on this in my trip report, but I wanted to update this thread.

I used the iPilot for the first time 10 days ago at Alwaki. What a amazing device. I really have never used my trolling motor much, but now used it ever day as my anchor. The memory locations for anchor points is very handy also, to get you right back to a favorite spot. Only problem is remembering the location identifier, need a pad and paper to write it down. It was pretty simple to install also and a great addition to my boat. I haven't used this feature yet, but you can record a track and then automatically have it retrace the path. How cool is that.
Walleye Rock!

Ozzy30

I'm glad you are enjoying the ipilot.  The money we spend on toys it's nice when they are as good or better than we expect.