2021 ice out predictions info etc

Started by knuckles, March 20, 2021, 05:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackers42

Ice has never been off in April for as long as I can remember

You can almost set a watch on the week before opener maybe first week of may

May 7

reelpro

It’s been quite a few yrs since a real early ice out, earlyb90’s ,   1992 or 93 maybe that we swam from the boat on the May opener.

Not just jump in and out screaming, but floating mid lake to cool off fishing on a 30 degree opener day.

It’s been too long since we had some actual Hot weather on the opener.

Maybe 2021 will be the one.

johnny walleye

michelle

I believe the ice was off in 2010 in April....the only year I can remember

Administrator

@wayne , would you mind calling the ice out again for us this year?

I won't have a prize this year unless someone wants to step forward. I just paid the expenses for this forum for this year. So I am a little short of cash right now.

Nancy
Admin

Administrator

Here is a list of the dates used so far:

April
9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, 28,29
May

1, 3, 6, 7, 15

If anyone comes up with a prize, @reelpro and @johnny walleye , you will have to select another date as the dates you selected were already taken. Thanks

wayne

Quote from: Administrator on April 02, 2021, 01:26:43 AM
Here is a list of the dates used so far:

April
10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 28

May

1, 6, 7, 15

If anyone comes up with a prize, @reelpro and @johnny walleye , you will have to select another date as the dates you selected were already taken. Thanks
Morning Nancy. I will donate a cap and T shirt again to the lucky winner how ever I didn't anticipate the early ice out this year and my boat won't be ready till the 23rd of April. Looking at the long range forecast I think the ice will be gone before then.  If  I am wrong then sure I will be heading to the Lodge at the end of the month. Maybe Jody from Camp Kipawa could call it if the ice leaves before the 23 rd. Jody lives right there.

hinorth

Saturday April 17 would be a nice day for the ice to be gone.  Not gone done here in Huntsville yet but I expect by the middle to end of next week it will be gone here on the bigger lakes.  They are looking pretty black although it is -8 here this morning.  Have a great Easter Weekend!

Gary S

I'll take May 3rd just because I'm scheduled to donate blood that day, maybe I'll get a reward!

Administrator

@Campkipawa could you be our official to call the ice out this year per Wayne's recommendation?

reelpro

I will change my pick to April 9

Just looking at the ice right now - going fast

I’ll donate a “lucky lure”

Campkipawa

Quote from: Administrator on April 02, 2021, 09:33:52 AM
@Campkipawa could you be our official to call the ice out this year per Wayne's recommendation?

Good morning, unfortunately I am not the Camp Kipawa that Wayne is referring to (just a coincidence with my KFF handle). I am not local so I wouldn't be the best at calling the ice out. Happy Easter everyone!

Administrator

@puckster_guy Are you at camp now and able to call the ice out or are you in town?

Chazz

Administrator

In order to be somewhat fair to those who have submitted their dates early, we will do a cutoff of April 10 midnight to submit your guesses. Thanks