A morning funny...

Started by Greg, April 21, 2016, 09:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

As we anxiously await spring, I find myself watching more and more fishing videos (I don't even have my boat out of storage yet!! :-\.  Then, last night, my buddy sends me this...I've watched it 4 times and each time I change my mind on which part is the funniest...enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_a7AZbJGNM

Robnfl3

Hey Greg, are you heading back to Alwaki in July?  William and I are booked for 9-16 July, looks like I may be bringing the girlfriend with me this year.  She is hott and blonde but not big on fishing with leeches (jury is still out on whether she is a keeper, lol) j/k.

Greg

Hi Rob!

Yes, I am headed back - we are actually coming in the day you are leaving (July 16) - my friend Eric is coming with me this year.  We hope to be at the Kipawa dock by 10:30 or 11am.

Maybe we will bump into you as you are heading out!

Greg

Dog

One more cast...

SgtCrabby

I think I've run across those guys, if not their clones.

johnny walleye

I have seen that fish before.

Northbound

Thanks Greg....i was naming people i know as i watched the vid.

Fort Wisers

Robnfl3

Greg

We might see you at the boat ramp but we need to get on the road pretty early.  What cabin are you staying in?  I will leave you any bait or consumables i have left over for you before i head out.  I seem to remember someone doing the same for me last year.  Cheers :)

Greg

Hey Rob,

We are booked in cabin #4 right now - I believe you stayed in #6 last year (the boat house) - so if you are in the same place, #4 is very close.   Appreciate the thought Rob, very nice of you!  and I hope someday to repay the favour.

Greg

RHYBAK

Ron and Greg

Please P.M. each other next time.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Greg

Rhybak - why?  My apologies if I offended you or anyone else.

Did I break a rule?   If so, then I'll apologize.

I have seen many threads over many years where conversations turn into other conversations and this exact "when are you going in/out from the lodge" has allowed me to meet up with many of this board's great people, and the old Kipawa board as well.  People are free to jump into the conversation, I have met many great friends this way - in fact, my trip to Alwaki in July (about 65 days and counting now!!) is with a buddy I met at lake Kipawa years go and we have kept in touch!

I don't post much (but I read every thread and every new post every day) and when I do, its always respectful with the best intention to offer some help or offer some 10 years of experience on the lake.   I love the friendly spirit of the board, and it makes me happy to read exchanges like this.

I see other threads right now with posts and multiple exchanges about "where is your cottage?" and replies "oh it is 2 miles past that point".  This interaction is direct between two people, exactly like my discussion with Rob.  I think this interaction if fantastic and support these type of exchanges, because it allows us all to share and connect and support each other on my favourite place on earth...

Here's hoping I can win the lottery and build my log cabin on Kipawa soon...and have EVERYBODY over for a refreshment.

With all respect...
Greg

T-Bone

Fret not Greg...don't let @RHYBAK get to you...seems pretty clear someone did not get their MARS bar this morning. HAH!!!  :D
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

RHYBAK

Quote from: Greg on May 10, 2016, 01:21:08 PM
Rhybak - why?  My apologies if I offended you or anyone else.

Did I break a rule?   If so, then I'll apologize.

I have seen many threads over many years where conversations turn into other conversations and this exact "when are you going in/out from the lodge" has allowed me to meet up with many of this board's great people, and the old Kipawa board as well.  People are free to jump into the conversation, I have met many great friends this way - in fact, my trip to Alwaki in July (about 65 days and counting now!!) is with a buddy I met at lake Kipawa years go and we have kept in touch!

I don't post much (but I read every thread and every new post every day) and when I do, its always respectful with the best intention to offer some help or offer some 10 years of experience on the lake.   I love the friendly spirit of the board, and it makes me happy to read exchanges like this.

I see other threads right now with posts and multiple exchanges about "where is your cottage?" and replies "oh it is 2 miles past that point".  This interaction is direct between two people, exactly like my discussion with Rob.  I think this interaction if fantastic and support these type of exchanges, because it allows us all to share and connect and support each other on my favourite place on earth...

Here's hoping I can win the lottery and build my log cabin on Kipawa soon...and have EVERYBODY over for a refreshment.

With all respect...
Greg

I know, and I can relate to that, but it's a morning funnies thread.
I came on here expecting to read a bunch of jokes and I see casual conversation.
We have a P.M. feature for that :-[
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Greg

I can post more jokes if you want!  LOL.  I've been saving every picture/graphic fishing joke I've ever seen in a folder.

How many of our threads evolve from one topic to another, and the original topic is long forgotten...

Oh well,  now T-bone has be craving a mars bar... mmmmm....chocolate.