403 forbidden login error

Started by SgtCrabby, June 20, 2016, 01:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtCrabby

Has anyone been getting this 403 forbidden login error when logging in to the site here?

I've gotten it intermittently and Dog has been getting it all the time now to the point that he can't log in.

mcsteve

My login works without issue.  Have you changed you browser settings?

fishtildark

had it happen a couple times but most recently when I upgraded to Windows 10 or what ever the number is... try deleting the favorite link and manually put in or search for site. worked for me.
So many lures and so little time.

Fort Wisers

SgtCrabby

Thanks,
I'll keep forwarding these to Dog to see if he can get around whatever issue he's having.

johnny walleye

Administrator

Thank you @SgtCrabby for bringing this up. I didn't know there were any issues. I have Windows 10 on my computer and use Chrome for a browser with no problems. I just logged in with Firefox with no problems. I can tell you there is an update for the script for this forum, but I have been reluctant to update as the last time I did, it messed some things up and lost some information. It took me a day and a half to get it right again. It appears I may have to bite the bullet and go for it. Please keep me posted. It will be a day or two before I will be able to do the update. Because I need to keep open time on the other end if I have to upload the backup, etc. John uses Windows 7 and uses Chrome and hasn't had any problems.

SgtCrabby

Thanks Nancy,  I'll pass this on to Dog.

Administrator

I just did some forum maintenance but not an update yet. If anyone else knows anyone who is having problems, please pass the word along. I will likely wait till late tomorrow (Tuesday) to do the update. Please pray for me.  ;) LOL

getthenet

I have also gotten it on occasion,but after the second or third try I'm able to log in !

Administrator

Hey resident computer geek, @Oarin, got any ideas?  :)

T-Bone

I get it on my tablet from time to time (would be Safari) and sometimes IE...never on Chrome.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Oarin

Hi Nancy, being the original computer dinosaur, once I get something to actually go right for me, I never change anything on my computer. I know deep down that if I did, I would loose everything forever. I'm keeping my Windows 7 for as long as I can. I can't wait to post pictures from my trip in mid July. Thanks again for bring me out of the prehistoric age. Oarin.

Administrator

I started to run the update last evening, but then chickened out at the last minute. We are leaving for our favorite destination in less than 2 weeks with lots to do. I just checked the last time my hosting company did a major server update was March 23, so the board should have been running smoothly since then. At this point, I have decided to wait until we get back to do the update. Hopefully the update will help with the situation some of you are experiencing. If anyone else in the meantime continues to get the 403 error, please post your experiences.

Thank you!
Nancy