Alwaki Lodge July 27 - August 3

Started by Hodgey1, August 07, 2019, 03:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHYBAK

Chris

Don't abandon the Laker Quest.
That is Lake fishing.
Hits are few and far between.

It's not like walleye which travel in packs and you get multiple hits.
Be grateful you had 7 hits.
That's good on a lake like Kipawa.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Oarin

Wow, Hodgey, that was a great video! Glad you and your brother had a hoot at Alwaki. You sure seem to have gotten the food thing down pat! Thanks for sharing you trip. Like you said, I'd go if there weren't any fish too. Now the long wait until next year. Come on people, keep the reports coming!

Teach

T-Bone

Quote from: Ozzy30 on August 08, 2019, 09:33:46 AM
I could start to like Bleue if you are offering to stock coolers.

I'll stock your cooler when I'm riding on the pedestal like I was last week...it would be my pleasure.

;) ;D 8)
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Hodgey1

Thanks everyone for the props!!! I really enjoyed making the video and watching it also, @Teach 's daughter did an awesome job, so I thank her for the inspiration. My brother is back home in Alabama at work and texted this morning how much he enjoyed it also. At 8 minutes, its a bit long, but that was one of my favorite songs and it's 8 minutes long  ;)

I have to say, from the multiple sources including @RHYBAK @limacharley and @Greg I need to reevaluate my prospective on the Lakers and be more patient  :-[ . The largest at 23.5" gave a good fight and I stopped the boat to bring it in, it was fun. I have a short few weeks to give it a go again!

Walleye Rock!

Captain Hali

Thanks for a great and detailed report Hodgey. Love the pictures and video. Life is what you make it, and you will undoubtedly look back on your Kipawa expeditions as some of your most cherished memories, as you sit in your rocking chair enjoying a cold one.

Hodgey1

Thanks Captain.

I forgot to mention in my report, our group caught a few smallies. One group fishing Dead Bear caught like 4 trolling one day. I think they’ve arrived in that area in decent numbers.
Walleye Rock!

Nancy

Great report @Hodgey1, and you did an awesome job on the video. I love it that you have your brother hooked on it also.

Jig and drift

Great report and the video is awesome. I fight just trying to post a picture in the past.  Browns elf hat was a key pic for PA guys !

Hodgey1

Thanks @Nancy and @Jig and drift.

@T-Bone and I are both long time/optimistic Browns fans. Our Optimism has been beyond tested the last 20 or so years, but things truly seem to finally be getting better. “Let’s Hope”
Walleye Rock!

Jig and drift

I am a lifelong west side of Cleveland guy and the Browns season will be fun !  Enjoy it

GregL

bucknbull

Love the pictures and video Hodgey.
Another great adventure in the books. 

Hodgey1

Go Browns! @Jig and drift

Thanks Greg & BNB. It was a great trip and can not wait to do it all over again.
Walleye Rock!