RHYBAK

Lol
Always better to come prepared.
I always bring one just in case
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Hodgey1

Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

Well...I always remember a cast iron pan being in the cabins at Alwaki...at least one or two. We used to bring our own, but those dang things are heavy and we buried that tradition several years ago. :o
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

puckster_guy

New bbq...  favorite dinner...
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

JigginFool

Nice!  I've got the same grill at my summer home!  You can't go wrong with a Weber!! 

Balsams

Depending on the year, the walleye bite will be very good in which case fish caught all day long. If the bite is slow we are more likely to rise early around 5:30 and fish hard, otherwise 8 or 9am sleep in and take it slow is a nice option while on vacation. Camp coffee, pastry, a big gulp of water (and don't forget to have a morning movement) and we're off. If the fishing has been good we don't typically fish too hard in the morning. NOTHING better than a slow lake trout troll to start the day on a sunny day with little wind and no bugs. Typically when it's noon in Nfld we start with the cold beverage...not too many, it's a long day. Back for that hearty breakfast around noon. Hard fishing starts around 4 or 5 after an afternoon nap.

SgtCrabby

Nice grill you have there Puckster.

puckster_guy

Thx Sarge. Nothing beats charcoal for cooking and flavor. The last one I had of that model gave me almost 10 yrs of good sevice. well worth the investment. The only "flaw" with it is you can't adjust the grill hight over the charcoal. Nothing huge o\w i great machine. it has a propane burner built it that ignites the charcoal. what a beauty machine.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Fishn Deep

Never taken beer from US to Canada. As they say when in Rome do as the Romans! The US Customs has never made us pay duty going back home and we have been known to load up on cases of scotch and Irish whiskey. I have a feeling the Canadians won't be as lenient.

Someone mentioned the ETR being expensive. Not if you are from PA. :)

Hodgey1

Quote from: Fishn Deep on May 25, 2017, 11:34:39 PM.
Someone mentioned the ETR being expensive. Not if you are from PA. :)

ETR?
Walleye Rock!

RHYBAK

Electronic toll road

A highway from outside of Hamilton Ontario called the 407.
It bypasses the upper part of Toronto.
You miss the QEW, 427 and the 401 traffic.
It takes you to 400 and highway 7

It may cost extra but saves a lot of time if your coming from that direction
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Hodgey1

Quote from: RHYBAK on May 28, 2017, 12:21:52 PM
Electronic toll road

A highway from outside of Hamilton Ontario called the 407.
It bypasses the upper part of Toronto.
You miss the 401 traffic.
It takes you to 400 and highway 7

It may cost extra but saves a lot of time if your coming from that direction

Thanks for clearing that up for me Rhybak
Walleye Rock!

smitty55

Quote from: Hodgey1 on May 19, 2017, 07:37:38 AM
Quote from: T-Bone on May 18, 2017, 09:59:46 PM
but more likely 10:30am. We stay up late...get up later

That's the schedule I'm talkin bout  ;)  I'll see what the group feels like and roll with them. My uncle who is going is a early riser/nervous nelly so I'll probably be up early.

Tbone, or anyone else know if Alwaki camps have a cast iron pan provided or should I bring it? I like to cook my fish in cast. Quick dip in milk, light dusting of seasoned flour, into a preheated cast pan with patty of butter and a tblsp of oil, lightly browned please.   Ok, that was a stupid question.... there ain't gonna be no frigin cast iron pan... You dummy, its camp and Martha Stewart ain't gonna be there.  ::)

john c

@smitty55 you need to go to Ogascanan--------- they have 2 cast iron pans in every cabin. ;) ;) ;)

john c
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

kipawa4

As far as I know there should be a cast iron pan in every cabin at Alwaki. At least in 34 years I have stayed at Alwaki there has been one in the cabin we were in. And maybe two.