COUNTDOWN CLOCK.....AGAIN

Started by RHYBAK, July 04, 2016, 07:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Thomas

Quote from: 600 miles north on July 29, 2016, 01:54:43 PM12

Hi Brad,

Glad to read that you were able to work out a chance to get back to Lake Kipawa. While I won't be on Lake Kipawa, I'll be in the area 12-20 Aug.

Jay

600 miles north

Thanks Jay,

I am happy about my opportunity also! Right now my youngest boy and myself are the only ones going. My brother and one of his young sons may join us. I am actually looking forward to the small group! I will miss having the rest of the family up there, but life will be much simpler this trip. It's going to be a short one, only 4 days, but it's been too long since I've been up. No one else in my immediate family has a free schedule the rest of summer until school starts with sports and work... except me and the little guy, so thats what we are doing!

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

Riverrat

Hey Brad

I see your  family cottage was being used last week.  We will be heading there the same week as you are.

600 miles north

If you are around and see us there stop by, riverrat! It would be nice to meet you. We have had people there for the last couple weeks. It's been a busy summer there this year!

Brad

TBIRD

Hi All again:

As per post of July 21 - in 6 sleeps @ Miwapanee's Grindstone Cabin - a tad surprised; that no one on the site is familiar with the area. OH well, we'll have fun, catch fish (as I have there since 1973 @ Two Moons & 50 trips thereafter) - just a new area of the fantastic lake for me.
At some point I'll discuss bass in a Pickerel (walleye)/Lake Trout  lakes. I live on Paudash Lake near Bancroft ON - one of the best Bass Lakes in NE Ontario (now) - FORMALLY one of the best Pickerel Lakes.
As always, Tight Lines Ray.

Jay Thomas

Quote from: TBIRD on July 30, 2016, 12:33:10 AM

At some point I'll discuss bass in a Pickerel (walleye)/Lake Trout  lakes. I live on Paudash Lake near Bancroft ON - one of the best Bass Lakes in NE Ontario (now) - FORMALLY one of the best Pickerel Lakes.

I'll be watching for your discussion of this issue. Have a great trip.

Jay

SgtCrabby

Quote from: TBIRD on July 30, 2016, 12:33:10 AM
Hi All again:

As per post of July 21 - in 6 sleeps @ Miwapanee's Grindstone Cabin - a tad surprised; that no one on the site is familiar with the area. OH well, we'll have fun, catch fish (as I have there since 1973 @ Two Moons & 50 trips thereafter) - just a new area of the fantastic lake for me.
As always, Tight Lines Ray.

I too, will be looking for your discussion on this.
Have a great trip!

600 miles north

sitting on the lake in 6 days if all goes well!

Brad

Fort Wisers

We hit the homestead tonight!
Only really posting something because the board has been so dead!
Everyone enjoy the weekend

Dieselgirl

Two more days and off we go to TBL for our 2nd trip.  Hoping the weather and fish are more cooperative!  :-)

Oarin

Welcome to the site! Good luck! I'll be at TBL in 9 more days!

SgtCrabby

Welcome aboard Dieselgirl!

When you get home, please post a report...
TBL is a Purdy area,
      but I think all of kip is...

NortonJoe

Well, it's pretty warm (42F) in NE Ohio for a February day, the grass is actually green(ish) and we had some sunshine today.  Actually its been a fairly mild winter.  But, that just makes me think about getting back up on the water with a nice breeze blowing, a line in the water and a beer in the cooler!  Pulled some Canada walleye out of the freezer for dinner....It's only 166 days until we leave and I already can't wait!  This year the only purchases I am going to make are a new pole and reel and some fishing line (he says with fingers crossed); I guess I could use a new pole tube too...ahhhh. Back to my gin and tonic...
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

SgtCrabby

Yes, it has been unseasonably warm here too.  Yesterday we hit 88 degrees wit wind guses to 35 mph..
Discussion here is about fish going into prespawn pattern.

ziggy6

Here in Northern NY we got a foot of new snow so it feels like winter.  Getting ready for our 2nd trip to Ogascanan. Already thinking about what what we should bring and what we dont need for the trip.