Camp update

Started by puckster_guy, July 01, 2016, 12:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puckster_guy

I got a big spurt of work done at camp in the last few weeks. This is a go as you can type of project. As I get some bread together I'll put it towards the camp. With some family help and a week off (hard labour) I managed the get the builder and a helper together to get some electrical and plumbing work done. They wired most of the cottage except for 2 bedrooms. Set up a water tank and plumbing lines all thru the place. All I need do there is install a hot water heater and we're done. I took a couple of cold showers when I was there, not much fun. They installed a makeshift kitchen counter with a double sink and finished the bathroom.They installed an inline 120v  water pump it works just like in a camper. You open a faucet and the pump automatically starts. With amazing water pressure. As an added bonus lol I helped them build a stairway into the loft out of left over wood from the build. In this case pressure treated wood. I'll paint them white for the time being till I can replace them with pine.
I was Up for the week of 19th to the 25th. During that time I wired two bedrooms, mostly insulated and vapour barriered the main floor. Foamed most of the windows and door jambs. Made a trip to North Bay home depot for supplies. Put up a couple of pieces of paneling and washed it all down with a few cases of a fine draught lubricant. A  hectic week to say the least.
But wait!!!! there's more! When I got there I found my boat partially submerged with the stern half full of water. No damage done just water in the gas tank. It got in when the waves pushed water down an air vent for the gas tank located on the side of the boat 3/4 the way up. I guess it dosen't have a check valve to kep water out so thats on a shopping list. A storm had passed thru with very high winds and rain. It pushed my floating dock about three feet over and snapped a line tying the boat to the dock. That turned out to be a good thing lol. The waves pushed the boat close to shore into a foot of water which prevented the boat from getting swamped. With some effort I got the boat on the trailer and out of the lake. So no fishing, Good thing I prob got much more work done that way.

Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Oarin

Looking good Puckster!!

johnny walleye

Jay Thomas

Thanks for sharing Joe. A labour of love I'm sure. Just keep reminding yourself that it won't be all that long before you'll just have to drive up and enjoy. Colour me envious!

Jay

600 miles north

it's coming right along Joe! Thanks for sharing its progress. Also glad to hear your boat was saved in time!

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

getthenet

michelle

RHYBAK

Hey Joe

Check out the ReStore shops.
They carry the odd used hot water tanks

My Nephew brought one up the other day he bought for 50 bucks
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

puckster_guy

Good idea Rhybak There's one on Caladonia north of Lawrence. I was just gonna scour kijiji I wanna check out the tankless models too.

SgtCrabby

I saw the outside of the Hodge Podge Lodge and peeked in the windows, a couple of weeks ago. 
It is fantastic!
Now that I've seen it with eyeballs, I can picture the future work even better.

puckster_guy

Cool Sarge...wish I was there to show it off better, maybe next year. It's coming along great. Gonna be my summer retirement home. I got two weeks holidays coming up. I hope to get the main floor finished then. Thx for dropping by.

Fort Wisers

Nice Joe!
Great work!
We're so excited to start building our place.
Slapped up some rough floor framing for a small (8x8) screened in shelter that will be "home" for three weeks in August while we start building the bunkie cabin!
Keep the photos and updates coming!

That was one wicked rain eh?
We were up at my bros camp........bush needed that rain though so it's all good.

puckster_guy

Quote from: Fort Wisers on July 08, 2016, 12:28:38 PM
Nice Joe!
Great work!
We're so excited to start building our place.
Slapped up some rough floor framing for a small (8x8) screened in shelter that will be "home" for three weeks in August while we start building the main cabin!
Keep the photos and updates coming!

That was one wicked rain eh?
We were up at my bros camp........bush needed that rain though so it's all good.
hey how cool is that?. Believe it or not getting stuff done like that is part of the fun. Nothing tastes better then your first beer in your camp. Even if it's just the porch. Cheers, send pics.

Fort Wisers

Quote from: puckster_guy on July 08, 2016, 03:31:54 PM

hey how cool is that?. Believe it or not getting stuff done like that is part of the fun. Nothing tastes better then your first beer in your camp. Even if it's just the porch. Cheers, send pics.

Couldn't agree more!
Been meaning to post pics for a while now.......maybe tonight!
Cheers:
Brent

puckster_guy

Just posting another update....got back from my camp last Saturday after a two week stay. I got much done. I got the loft area fully inulated and vapor barriered. All the bedroom areas are fully insulated and mostly panelled. I ran short of panelling so I made sure to concentrate on the room deviding walls, as well as the hall way. And some of the front room. All electrical is now fully wired and mostly functioning. Just a couple of plugs to troubleshoot. All working in some 30 degree heat and humidity.
In the meantime I got some fishing in mostly in the evening. It was too hot to sit in the boat in the high, hot sun. Got some 30 walleye and several Pike.