Camp update

Started by puckster_guy, July 01, 2016, 12:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john c

Good job on the cabin.  If you keep up that pace you may have to retire next spring so you can enjoy it.  It looks different than when I was there.

john c
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

RHYBAK

Looking good Joe.

What is the weekly rental rate ;)
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

puckster_guy

Lol Rhybak. The idea was to make it look somewhat like a resort rental with a personal touch.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Fort Wisers

WOW man, its really coming along!
How big is your Cabin Joe?

puckster_guy

Hey Brent. Based on 24x32 floor plan. The high sloping roof line afforded me space to build a loft over the rear bedrooms. So the living/kitchen area was built with 2x6x10 foot studs. Over the bedrooms a two foot knee wall was added to equalize the height. Result was a huge high loft plus a cathedral type cieling in front. I had 4 yrs on the lot to think about the design and thats what I came up with.

Jay Thomas

Hi Joe,

I must applaud you for working hard in 30 degree C heat. Outstanding.

Jay

Fort Wisers

Quote from: puckster_guy on August 10, 2016, 12:46:50 PM
Hey Brent. Based on 24x32 floor plan. The high sloping roof line afforded me space to build a loft over the rear bedrooms. So the living/kitchen area was built with 2x6x10 foot studs. Over the bedrooms a two foot knee wall was added to equalize the height. Result was a huge high loft plus a cathedral type cieling in front. I had 4 yrs on the lot to think about the design and thats what I came up with.
Nice Joe!
That's the same foot print size we're gonna build our final home/cabin in Mattawa, nice size to work with....
For now we're just doing a small 16x16 bunkie (as well as the little screened in shack) to "live" out of as we settle the final build area.
I like your ideas....you're gonna have a really nice home out on Kipawa!
I'm sure you're itching to get up there full time now that you're getting down the more finished details!

Now that you're getting insulated you'll be able to spend some time in the winter up there.
If you haven't yet, you're in for a real treat, winter up north on Kipawa is truly amazing......
Keep up the great work and keep the updates coming!

Fort Wisers

Quote from: Jay Thomas on August 10, 2016, 01:42:50 PM
Hi Joe,

Jay

Agreed! And I'm sure being up in the loft, insulating, is at least 10-15 degrees hotter then outside.
Good thing Joe has cool Kipawa water to dive into afterward!
Brent

puckster_guy

Quote from: Jay Thomas on August 10, 2016, 01:42:50 PM
Hi Joe,

Jay
The trick to that was setting the alarm for 5am then getting as much as possible done by noon. Then coasting in the afternoon. Once I got that loft done it cooled up there about 10C. I first went up there late one morning and it was 39 up there. The steel roof was too hot to touch. Downstairs I had a fan going and all the windows open so it was at least bearable with the air moving. Not to mention some cold showers and sips in the lake. I'll sure be glad to get this project over with.

SgtCrabby

I'm really liking how the hodge podge lodge is progressing!
Watch working in that heat, you need plenty of fluids.  Us Texans know hot.
But, for some reason the so called, self proclaimed experts say:  beer, etc. isn't considered fluids.  Don't ask me why, it looks, feels, and tastes like liquids to me;  so, I say:  bottoms up!